BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

eight women in two rows...

Expert replies
Source: — Problem Solving |

Re: eight women in two rows...

by logitech » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:12 pm
ch0719 wrote:the answer is D

can anyone explain how to get to the right answer in the minimum amount of time on this kind of question? thanks and happy holidays :D
WOW!!

First of all, lets call these ladies:

1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8 inches tall :)

However the pose 1 will be in the first row and on the left and 8 will be in the second row on the right:

1 X X X
X X X 8

2 does not have too many choices:


1 X X X
2 X X 8 or

1 2 X X
X X X 8

Now it is time for 3


1 3 X X
2 X X 8

OR


1 X X X
2 3 X 8

OR

1 2 3 X
X X X 8

OR

1 2 X X
3 X X 8

Okay so far we have 4 different ways of placing 1,2,3 and 8 and my 2 minutes is UP!! So I would guess 4x3=12 or 4x4=16 and move on!

:(

If I carry my solution, I will find the OA but this is not the point in GMAT.

Any under 2 min solutions ?
LGTCH
---------------------
"DON'T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR DREAM!"
Join the discussion

Re: eight women in two rows...

by ronniecoleman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:29 pm
logitech wrote:
ch0719 wrote:the answer is D

can anyone explain how to get to the right answer in the minimum amount of time on this kind of question? thanks and happy holidays :D
WOW!!

First of all, lets call these ladies:

1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8 inches tall :)

However the pose 1 will be in the first row and on the left and 8 will be in the second row on the right:

1 X X X
X X X 8

2 does not have too many choices:


1 X X X
2 X X 8 or

1 2 X X
X X X 8

Now it is time for 3


1 3 X X
2 X X 8

OR


1 X X X
2 3 X 8

OR

1 2 3 X
X X X 8

OR

1 2 X X
3 X X 8

Okay so far we have 4 different ways of placing 1,2,3 and 8 and my 2 minutes is UP!! So I would guess 4x3=12 or 4x4=16 and move on!

:(

If I carry my solution, I will find the OA but this is not the point in GMAT.

Any under 2 min solutions ?

Wow~ dude nice work!!
Admission champion, Hauz khaz
011-27565856
Join the discussion

by ch0719 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:39 pm
I don't think
1 X X X
2 3 X 8
would work...



it prob will take 5 min to solve this question if no other easier way to do it



if I see this kind of question on the real GMAT I will know I am doing well

lol...
Join the discussion

by dla5h expert » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:26 pm
hmmmm it need more than 2 min ..

Lets try

one and eight are fixed so they have zero possible way of change

1 X X X
X X X 8

2 can go in :

1 X X X
X X X 8 1 possible way

3 can go in :

1 X X X
X X X 8 3 possible ways

so I guess 4 will have 4 possible ways

5 can go in :


1 X X X
X X X 8 3 possible ways

so I will guess

6 will have 2 possible ways
7 will have 1 possible way

the total is 14 ways ..

I am not sure but I think B is the correct answer
Join the discussion

by vittalgmat » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:26 pm
I wonder if we will see this kind of problem in real GMAT.
Can somebody comment on this.
It has more than 4 steps to solve and takes 4 or 5 mins to solve.

Stuart, Ian, ??

Thanks
Join the discussion

by vishubn » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:42 pm
vittalgmat wrote:I wonder if we will see this kind of problem in real GMAT.
Can somebody comment on this.
It has more than 4 steps to solve and takes 4 or 5 mins to solve.

Stuart, Ian, ??

Thanks

Same thought vittal !!

can stuart/Ron/Ian !! neone ???

vishu
KILL !! DIE !! or BEAT my FEAR !!! de@D END!!
Join the discussion

by cramya » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:45 pm
I may be off here but I think I read Ian's or Ron's posts that said parts/concepts used in this problem may appear on the gmat but definitely not such a lengthy problem like this.
Join the discussion

by vittalgmat » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:26 pm
Thanks Cramya
That puts my fears to rest!!! :-)
well, sure, the concepts are fine to be tested. I was worried about the # of steps needed..
Join the discussion