BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

IS the score BALANCE IMPORTANT?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by jdkster » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:58 am
Hey everyone. I would appreciate your thoughts and advice.

I already posted here my GMAT results, which I thought were sufficient. However after having read a number of posts on the Internet I have this one question

IS the score BALANCE IMPORTANT for business schools?

English is my second language. In my first attempt I got 720 (95%), q50 (94%), v38 (83%). The result is skewed towards quant. I read that Wharton, my dream school, wants its candidates to be over 85% in each section. And that balance IS important. Am I ok?

During my practice I was able to reach v41, which in fact is above 85%, but I guess in any way there is no sense in re-taking the test. What would you all say?

Thanks in advance. I would really appreciate your thoughts.

JDKster
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

Re: IS the score BALANCE IMPORTANT?

by eparjn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:08 pm
JDKster,

My research has shown that the thresholds are more like 80%+ rather than 85%...Either way, you have a great score that will not preclude your admission at any schools. It's the total package that schools are looking for. The GMAT is more of a screening tool than anything else, and will not get you into or prevent you from getting into school. Don't take it again.
jdkster wrote:Hey everyone. I would appreciate your thoughts and advice.

I already posted here my GMAT results, which I thought were sufficient. However after having read a number of posts on the Internet I have this one question

IS the score BALANCE IMPORTANT for business schools?

English is my second language. In my first attempt I got 720 (95%), q50 (94%), v38 (83%). The result is skewed towards quant. I read that Wharton, my dream school, wants its candidates to be over 85% in each section. And that balance IS important. Am I ok?

During my practice I was able to reach v41, which in fact is above 85%, but I guess in any way there is no sense in re-taking the test. What would you all say?

Thanks in advance. I would really appreciate your thoughts.

JDKster
Join the discussion