BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

General question - Applicant evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by gmatlady » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:01 am
I am just wondering.. what would the adcom look for in a candidate who's African.. with an undegrad degree from Africa?

I ask this question since I ve read in a few posts that applicants from India are generally expected to have high quant scores... so I am wondering if anyone knows how I would be evaluated in relation to other applicants from Africa.

I am a 28 year old lady, scored 600 (36/37)in GMAT recently but re-taking the test in two weeks with hopes of raising my score considerably. Scored 273 in TOEFL, worked for an International Hotel chain, very successful while I was there for 2 years, since then I ve worked as an Academic Advisor part time and a sales coordinator.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:47 am
Dear gmatlady,

Applicants from Africa are not as common as applicants from Asia, so that should work to your advantage in helping you stand out. Schools do not have differing standards per se for applicants from different countries or regions, but expect all applicants to meet certain criteria.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me
Join the discussion

by Jay Allen » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:34 am
I agree with Lisa's comment. You have a wonderful opportunity to use your unique positioning to your advantage. I suggest two parallel strategies.

First, use your African heritage as a strength. You will be a valuable perspective to the classroom and you want to tout that in your essays. Talk about unique experiences and show a passion for communicating your perspectives on Africa and the world to other classmates.


Second, make sure you cover all your weak areas. You may get a little break on the GMAT because of your background, but don't get lazy. Aggressively cover every weaknesses with clear stories that show you have demonstrated experience or determined aspirations--and hopefully both!


Best,

Jay
Join the discussion

by gmatlady » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:09 pm
Thanks Jay,

I will use your advice.
Join the discussion