BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Is there an easier way of solving this problem?

Expert replies
by Emawk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:58 pm
The product of all prime numbers less than 20 is closest to which of the following powers of 10?

(A) 10^9
(B) 10^8
(C) 10^7
(D) 10^6
(E) 10^5


Is there an easier way than actually having to lay out all the prime numbers and multiplying them and then comparing it to the answer choices?

My initial approach: Lay out all the prime numbers under 20 -- , 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19 -- and then visually see if I can turn each number into a 10 (i.e. averaging). After that, I estimated and the answer I got was 10^8.

The actual answer is (C) 10^7
Last edited by Emawk on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by mental » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:52 pm
2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19
why 15?
Join the discussion

Emawk wrote:The product of all prime numbers less than 20 is closest to which of the following powers of 10?

(A) 10^9
(B) 10^8
(C) 10^7
(D) 10^6
(E) 10^5

I like your method:



2x5 = 10
3x7 = 20
19x11 = 200
17x13= 200

So 8 x 10^6 which is close to 10^7







Is there an easier way than actually having to lay out all the prime numbers and multiplying them and then comparing it to the answer choices?

My initial approach: Lay out all the prime numbers under 20 -- , 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19 -- and then visually see if I can turn each number into a 10 (i.e. averaging). After that, I estimated and the answer I got was 10^8.

The actually answer is (C) 10^7
LGTCH
---------------------
"DON'T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR DREAM!"
Join the discussion

by Abdulla » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:40 pm
They discussed it here before

https://www.beatthegmat.com/primes-the-p ... t9291.html

but I think your approach much easier :D
Abdulla
Join the discussion

by Emawk » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:34 am
mental wrote:
2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19
why 15?
Sorry, just a typo (I didn't include 15 when I was solving the question myself). I edited it out.
Join the discussion