schulich school of business

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by melonade » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:43 pm
alexdallas wrote:Ive been accepted into Schulich as well.

Can anyone tell me about the campus (in York)? How far is it from downtown toronto? is it a nice/safe area?
Also, i was surprised that they didnt even interview me; also, i read alumni comments that many students don't even speak english, so im having 2nd thoughts.

I was accepted into McGill as well.
The campus is about a 30 minute drive to downtown Toronto, and I think about 30-60 minutes on the bus/subway. The campus is really nice, and immediate area around the university is also nice and pretty safe. I wasn't interviewed either, but a know a couple of people that were.

The alumni that said students don't speak English probably went to Schulich in the 80s or 90s. Honestly. There's not one student in any of my classes that doesn't speak fluent English. There are a couple with heavy accents, but there's a difference between having an accent and not being able to speak English.

by Mhafe710 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:51 am
alexdallas can you share your profile. I am aiming for schulich as well.

by PissedOffWithSchulich » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:13 am
The BBA program at Schulich is undoubtedly the best in Canada. However for the MBA program some of the professors are amazing. Talk to people and take the classes of the star rated professors. But think twice before making any decision. Most of the international students still can not speak english very well and I am talking about recent data. There have been very serious ethnic biases seen while working with north american people. There is a group project that you need to do in your final year which takes up all your precious time which you should otherwise devote to job search. I have seen people from mcgill and Univ. of Ottawa land into better jobs. After graduation you are left with nothing but a grade report and a lot of uncertainty about the future. The career center does more damage than help in job search. The campus is a 30 min drive from downtown but if you are taking public transport it takes an hour. So if your objective is to get education and knowledge and party, it is indeed a good school but if you want to land into a job and want to develop a strong network over a long term, try for Ivey and Rotman, if you can afford the fee, which unfortunately I could not.