Podium Finish on the GMAT with a 740(V-40,Q-50)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by punewarrior » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:58 pm
For improving beyond 48 on Quant, I think you don't need more concepts but you need to work on other things like time management, avoiding silly mistakes etc. Concepts are required to reach to 48 but to reach the next level you need practice and analysis.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by HBS2014aspirant » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:19 am
Awesome debrief. Your post was really insightful. I'm planning to take the GMAT in Feb and was wondering what resources should I use for DS practice ?

Followed by:7 members

by hemant02 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:44 am
I really liked the analogy that you gave that on the race day the drivers need to be mentally prepared otherwise even months of hardwork can go down the drain. Kudos to you mate! You rock.

Followed by:1 members

by EricaR » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:52 pm

7.The most important point:You don't need to reinvent the wheel; all you have to do is follow a plan which the high GMAT scorers use and customize it to suit your needs.
Yet to come across this great a tip here on the forum. How true!

Followed by:3 members

by SunZu » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:48 pm
You mentioned that you maintained an error log. I was wondering what all do i need to maintain in an error log ? and how often should it be reviewed ?

by HBS2014aspirant » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:19 am
SunZu wrote:You mentioned that you maintained an error log. I was wondering what all do i need to maintain in an error log ? and how often should it be reviewed ?
You don't need to mention everything in error log..Just write down the comments for each question so that when you have to revise your concepts it becomes easier to refer them

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by gauravdahl » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:48 am
SunZu wrote:You mentioned that you maintained an error log. I was wondering what all do i need to maintain in an error log ? and how often should it be reviewed ?
think of an error log as your own personal notes..i revise my error log every fortnight and it really helps..

Followed by:5 members

by westcoastgmatter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:49 am
gauravdahl wrote:
think of an error log as your own personal notes..i revise my error log every fortnight and it really helps..
True..An error log is the most helpful thing that i have come across in my prep

by ashok27 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:16 am
westcoastgmatter wrote:
gauravdahl wrote:
Did you make your own error log or did you use the error log of BTG ?

by Django » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:22 pm
ashok27 wrote:
westcoastgmatter wrote:
gauravdahl wrote:
Dude, I'd suggest make your own error log after going through the error logs of BTG. Personalization always helps

Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:760

by unclesam2013 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:07 am
Django wrote:
ashok27 wrote:
westcoastgmatter wrote:
gauravdahl wrote:
Dude, I'd suggest make your own error log after going through the error logs of BTG. Personalization always helps
Absolutely agree with you. If you make a personalized error log, that would be easier for you to navigate.

by Jason25 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:10 am
ashok27 wrote:
westcoastgmatter wrote:
gauravdahl wrote:
Error log helps a lot.Think of it this way. You do so much practice, go through so many questions and topics but how many of those questions and the learnings do you remember-very few..Error log helps you in having all the learnings in writing so that you can review it easily

by punewarrior » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:04 am
Jason25 wrote:
ashok27 wrote:
westcoastgmatter wrote:
gauravdahl wrote:
Error log helps a lot.Think of it this way. You do so much practice, go through so many questions and topics but how many of those questions and the learnings do you remember-very few..Error log helps you in having all the learnings in writing so that you can review it easily
Error log indeed is one of the first things that I ask people to maintain when they prepare for the GMAT. Very useful

by ashok27 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:00 pm
I started using error log halfway through my prep and could see the remarkable difference in how I approached the questions. Have been able to measure my performance and see its application in my prep

by neha.gar » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:34 am
ashok27 wrote:I started using error log halfway through my prep and could see the remarkable difference in how I approached the questions. Have been able to measure my performance and see its application in my prep
I have also started using it and can see the improvement. I also color code the questions that i get right and wrong. That helps me see which questions should i redo when i am revisiting the questions.