My GMAT Experience - 760 (Q50, V46)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:45 pm
gullubadshah wrote:I retook the GMAT Prep1 on saturday and GMAT was on Monday, so 2 day gap.
With the MGMATs you should notice an increasing sequence of scores ... the trouble with giving 6 different exams set up by the same people is that you kinda figure out their question types ... so by the time you reach MGMAT 6 you are well prepared for their particular kind of grinding ... i too started out with sub 700s on MGMAT and ultimately ended with 780 on MGMAT.

With the GMAT format getting consecutive questions wrong definitely hurts. Suppose you were heading for a Verbal score of 45 at the end of Q39, you got 40 wrong your score drops to say 44 (since this was a difficult question your score won't drop much) ... the trouble is that Q41 is now easier and you still get it wrong, your score might drop by further 2 points to 42 ... Here expectations come into play - if you were aiming for 42 at the start you got what you wanted ... if you wanted to score higher definitely you need to keep your concentration up for the entire 75 minutes.

Keep in mind the GMAT format will hurt you more if you do this for Q29 and Q30 instead of Q40 and Q41. In the middle of the test the fluctuations in your score will be higher, so getting consecutive questions wrong will be even more punishing. So keep your concentration up for the whole of 75 minutes and if you think you are not sure about your answer on a particular question ... pay extra attention to the next question ... this was one of the things I worked on in my practice tests.

Hope I was able to get my point across :).
Really interesting perspective of the test!
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)

Legendary Member
Followed by:9 members

by maihuna » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:37 pm
gullubadshah wrote:I1. Passport (id proof)
well what is the minimum expiry period if one wants to take the test let us say today?
Charged up again to beat the beast :)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:760

by gullubadshah » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:59 pm
maihuna wrote:
well what is the minimum expiry period if one wants to take the test let us say today?
I couldn't get you ... expiry period of ???

Legendary Member

by maihuna » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:55 pm
passport renewel due date or vald till, if my current passport is valid only till july can i retake it in june or july?
gullubadshah wrote:
maihuna wrote:
I couldn't get you ... expiry period of ???

by gullubadshah » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:06 pm
maihuna wrote:passport renewel due date or vald till, if my current passport is valid only till july can i retake it in june or july?
Yes that should not be a problem ... they do not look at the passport for expiry date ... Just to confirm your identity and signature ... If you want to be extra sure you can contact the customer service of GMAC and they will be able to help you.

This is what the mba.com website says : "Unacceptable forms of ID include expired passports or driver's licenses, passport cards, social security cards, draft classification cards, credit cards, employee or student IDs, letters from your university or college, IDs with physical descriptions in place of photos, photocopies of any form of ID, or any other kind of ID that does not meet the requirements described above."

Notice that it is expired and not near expiration, so for me should be ok.

Legendary Member

by maihuna » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:22 pm
thanks roseking.
gullubadshah wrote:
maihuna wrote:passport renewel due date or vald till, if my current passport is valid only till july can i retake it in june or july?
Yes that should not be a problem ... they do not look at the passport for expiry date ... Just to confirm your identity and signature ... If you want to be extra sure you can contact the customer service of GMAC and they will be able to help you.

This is what the mba.com website says : "Unacceptable forms of ID include expired passports or driver's licenses, passport cards, social security cards, draft classification cards, credit cards, employee or student IDs, letters from your university or college, IDs with physical descriptions in place of photos, photocopies of any form of ID, or any other kind of ID that does not meet the requirements described above."

Notice that it is expired and not near expiration, so for me should be ok.

by gullubadshah » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:35 am
received the official score card from GMAT today ... happy to have scored a 6.0 in the AWA section :) ... I think this covers all bases on the GMAT side of things and I have above 90 percentile in Quant, Verbal and AWA ... Now on to school selection and apps

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by BOSS8055 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:32 pm
Congrats.760 the minimum score i am aiming.Good luck.

by gullubadshah » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:37 pm
BOSS8055 wrote:Congrats.760 the minimum score i am aiming.Good luck.
Thanks BOSS8055 ... and best of luck to you too :)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by ikaplan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:56 pm
Awesome score! Thank you for the detailed and motivational debrief. Good luck with the application process.
"Commitment is more than just wishing for the right conditions. Commitment is working with what you have."

by gullubadshah » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:23 am
ikaplan wrote:Awesome score! Thank you for the detailed and motivational debrief. Good luck with the application process.
Thanks iKaplan for your wishes :)