Thursdays with Ron: Rearranging Data Sufficiency Problems
Every other Thursday, our instructor Ron Purewal (known on the Beat the GMAT forums as lunarpower) hosts a free study hall session, called Thursdays with Ron, where anyone can submit questions ahead of time and attend. Ron chooses a few themes from the questions he gets and goes over strategies for them.
Heres an outline of what Ron covers, with the minute markers. Make sure to watch the video, though, so that youre able to follow along!
- 00:00 General template for rearranging data sufficiency questions
- 01:30 Rearrange the datasufficiencystatement into a question form
- 2:58 Ron applies the template on an actual problem
- 3:44 The problem gets rearranged
- 5:20 Ron simplifies the question
- 7:02 Ron tackles statement 1
- 8:06 Ron tackles statement 2
If you want to view recordings of past Thursdays with Ron or submit questions for the next live session, which takes place on November 4, you can do so here.