I have MBA offers from
Aston
Nyenrode
Tiasnimbas
Emlyon
Vlerick
Smurfit
Strathclyde

Which one do you think is best for me, why?
I am an L&SCM-IT professional from India with 4years experience and want to work on the business & planning side of L&SCM after MBA.
Thanks

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Decisive » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:03 am
Hi,
Thanks a lot for sharing valuable info.
How are the MBA schools in Singapore? There are colleges which offer UK MBA Programs in Singapore.
How are they valued? Is it a good option to study in those schools?

Thanks in advance.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaguy2012 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:11 am
Hi Decisive,

These are difficult times for business institutions and most international candidates find it difficult to achieve what they expect from their schools. These international campuses are more of a marketing tool and it is always advisable to go to the main campus.

Hope it helps.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by ank_1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 pm
Can someone post feedback for the RSM MBA? I know they have slipped in ranking but if someone has followed closely you will find they are working (towards improving brand recognition) to cover the lost ground. RSM opened an office in WTC Amsterdam to strengthen corporate relationships and make better alumni connections. Couple of days ago they have acquired Nyenrode business school. Looks as if they are going all out to reinstate themselves as top tier European B-School.
Seeking Redemption

by mbaguy2012 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:10 am
Hi Ank_1,

RSM is a very good European school and certainly Netherland's best business school. It has a very strong reputation in Europe and boasts of many C level alumni in the industry.

But like most other business schools in Europe, their reputation diminishes considerably beyond Europe. Also the quality of their Career Services have been under the scanner in the past and many international students, although holding the MBA program with very high regard, have not been satisfied with the job search support they received from the school in the past. The current economic climate hasn't helped either. Although as you mentioned the school is working hard to revamp its services, it is yet to be seen what impact these changes will make. In all RSM's MBA program is a gem of an MBA program with high quality participants.

Hope it helps.

by amit_k4 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:46 am
How is GISMA MBA considering that they give the prestigious Purdue degree. Can someone throw some light on the GISMA MBA...

by mbaguy2012 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:21 pm
Hi Amit_K4,

I don't know much about GISMA, but i will strongly suggest that if you want an MBA degree from Purdue, go to the US and get it directly from Purdue directly, it will be worth much more.

Hope it helps.

by anujtsingh » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:55 am
Hi MBA guy

I need your advise regarding the schools I should opt for,

GMAT- 680 (V36 Q47)

GPA- somewhere between 3-3.5.. dont exactly know how to calculate it.

Extra Curricular- Decent... certificates at college and school levels only

Community Service- worked with oxfam 6 months, a 2 month project on child literacy with Indian govt for 2 months

WE- 5 yrs +, in Business development. Currently working as a Manager. I have been promoted thrice during this time. Currently lead a team of 8 members.
Single handedly established 2 new branches for the company
Always exceeded targets.
Got some of the biggest contracts for the company
I mean I am confident of a good LORs from my bosses.

Can you suggest wich colleges to focus in Europe Canada and Asia.

by him290786 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:02 am
Hi mbaGuy,

Can you please help evaluate my profile as well:

5+ years of exp as Business Analyst in finance and banking with MNC's
1 year intl exp
GMAT - 740
BE in comp sc with 75%

Looking for MBA in Canada or Singapore(Not sure of the schools) or ISB, India?

Regards
Himanshu

by him290786 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:02 am
Hi mbaGuy,

Can you please help evaluate my profile

5+ years of exp as Business Analyst in finance and banking with MNC's
1 year intl exp
GMAT - 740
BE in comp sc with 75%

Looking for MBA in Canada or Singapore(Not sure of the schools) or ISB, India?

Thanks
Himanshu

by mbaguy2012 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:32 pm
Hi Anujtsingh

Your choice of school should factor in your aspirations and the current economic state of the country you wish to study in. You have a decent profile so I would suggest the following schools to you.

Nanyang Singapore - Keep in mind that the Singapore govt is cutting down workpermits for foreigners.
NUS Singapore -

HKUST Hong Kong - It is relatively easier to get a work permit in Hong Kong but in some industries language could be an issue.
Hong Kong Uni - Offers a unique opportunity to study a semester at LBS or Chicago.
CEIBS - Mainland China's best B-school but your GMAT score may prove to be a hurdle. You can take CEIBS' own admission test to improve your chances.

Rotman Canada - The 2year format will help you get a 3year work permit right after graduation if you are keen on working in Canada.
Ivey Canada - The Harvard of Canada but getting a place will be way more competitive than others in the list above. A 700 Gmat would have helped but a very strong application could help.

HEC France - At present I personally do not prefer European schools for non Europeans except INSEAD, LBS & IMD as finding a job in Europe has become very difficult unless you are an EU citizen, yet HEC is a very good school.
You can also consider CBS in Denmark, UCD Smurfit in Ireland & Mannheim in Germany.

Hope it helps.

by mbaguy2012 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:49 pm
Dear Him290786,

You have a very good profile. Look at my comments in the message above.
I would advise you to target

INSEAD Singapore
IIM,A India
ISB, India
Ivey Canada
Rotman Canada
HKUST HongKong
CEIBS China &
Nanyang Singapore

Hope it helps.

by [email protected] » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:55 am
Dear mbaguy2012,

Need your advice on two schools for full time MBA:

EDHEC France
HHL Leipzig Germany

Both schools claim 90% placements in their websites/email correspondences. But I see only 2011 placement statistics. Both claim that learning local langauage will allow you to find a job there, but never have they clearly specified how many Indians managed to get a job there, citing just 1-2 examples.

I would be gratefull if you could give me any tips on the above two institutes, is HHL Leipzig also a 2nd tier institute? How biased are Europeans in hiring Indians even willing to learn the local language? I know some questions seem subjective, but your advice would be valued since I am worried about blowing my parents hard earned money here.

My profile is:
GMAT: 680
Work-ex: 5+ yrs IT exp
CGPA university: 8/10

Thanks in advance

by mbaguy2012 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:41 pm
Dear Abba09y,

It is good to know that you already know about the subjectivity of your questions. Some of the questions you have asked can never be answered because as you said, they are too subjective but subjectivity cannot overcome statistics & simple plain logic.

You profile is a typical Indian profile, which i come across every now and then & many of my Indian friends have this profile. If I have to advice you, I would strongly discourage you from joining the MBA program at EDHEC or HLL. In my extended post, I have explained how these MBA programs are good but majorly serve the aspirations of EU candidate and don't have the necessary career resources for international students. Its a riot out here so most international students struggle to launch their careers. Understand that MBA as a diploma is not very popular in Europe as it is in US & Asia. For us it is just another Masters degree, which we can opt for after working for a few years to push our careers. The overall reputation of the school matters more. If it is your parent's money you are betting here, please keep away.

One needs to have business level skills in a foreign language to be able to use it to one's advantage in job hunt and it is very very very difficult to build business level skills within one year that too when you are attending an year long extensive MBA program with hardly any time to spare. Understand the logic here, don't go by what the marketing teams of schools have to say. They are paid to say what they say.

Aim for schools in Asia, Australia and Canada. Compare the various advantages these countries have to offer when compared to Europe (Economic environment - present & future, availability of jobs, language advantage, ease of getting sponsorship and work permits on offer). If you still want to risk it in Europe, with your profile aim at CBS in Denmark, Mannhiem in Germany & HEC in France.

Hope it helps.

by gaurav13 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:56 am
Hi mbaguy2012,

Brilliant post I would say! Like others, I was also hoping if you could answer some of my queries regarding the business Schools in Europe.

I've been accepted to Nyenrode for IMBA and Amsterdam Business School for its MBA programme. Now I have 4 years of on-filed experience in Oil and Gas Instrument Operations and I am quite inclined towards working in Netherlands given its Energy market.

I have done most of the drill that you mentioned in your first post (getting placement statistics, connecting with current and past students, etc) and it looks quite promising in case of both these schools.

So I would request for your opinion on this and would greatly appreciate your help.

I've also been accepted to some of the top colleges in Australia, including UNSW and univ of Melbourne, but doing a similar research there did not really motivate me to join these schools.

Best,
Gaurav