I don't have the right books, what do I do?

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:31 pm
tanvis1120 wrote:First of all, Thanks Brent for coming up with a 60-day plan ! I got my Day 1 email today. I wouldn't say entirely, but I am mostly aware of the GMAT pattern by now. I have covered the Kaplan GMAT Premier 2014. I am now starting with the tests. But, unfortunately I had a gap of almost 2 months, due to workload and so, I signed up for this plan. :)
Now, if there is something in the mail saying complete some xyz diag test and I don't have that book, what do I do?
Also Brent, I have GMAT date on Sept 27th. I can manage hardly 2 hours everyday as I am working and 4-5 hours on weekends. Could you please suggest me some plan wherein I can go through some really exhaustive diag tests? I am open to changing materials, but at least I need sometime (you may suggest) so as to figure out where I stand right now.

Thank You Brent & Team !
Awaiting reply
Tanvi
If you're referring to the Diagnostic test in the OG13, then I highly recommend that you purchase the OG13. It's an integral part of the 60-Day plan.

If you're referring to the full-length GMATPrep practice tests, you are scheduled to take your first practice test on Day 3 of the Guide. The results of this test will give you a good idea of how much time you'll need to devote to preparing.
Have you taken this full-length practice test yet? If so, what were the results? Also, what is your target score?

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by tanvis1120 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:18 pm
Thanks so much for the reply Brent !
I took the Diag CAT1 of Kaplan in January, in bits and pieces though. It was somewhere around 570.
Now, I took the CAT2, after 2 months gap, and my score was again pretty disappointing, 550.
I keep solving random questions as well.
Additionally, so far what I have observed is that, I fight with formulae sometimes (Although I like math) and the RCs are not going good.
My target score is 720+.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:34 pm
A 150-point increase is not unheard of, but it will take some work.
Where are you in the 60-Day Study Guide?

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by tanvis1120 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:36 am
Basically, I am still stuck at Day 1.
I have ordered the OG13 paperback last night after I saw your reply. So, probably I should be able to take the Quant diag test today online.

Thanks again for the response !
Tanvi