How to prepare for Quant

This topic has expert replies
GMAT Instructor
Followed by:119 members
GMAT Score:780

by Matt@VeritasPrep » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:43 pm
Tapas Gupta wrote:Hi Matt,
Thanks for reply.
I said so because I have switched my job. I have about 1 month to join the new job.
Can you please advise on how to study for Quant so that I can take full benefit for the upcoming month.
How close are you to your goals? What have you scored so far, and what score would you need to be done with the exam?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by NadineKh » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:58 am
Hi Tapas Gupta,

You should check the 60-day Study Guide. It's very well done and structures your study by sending you a daily email with detailed instructions on what to study, in which material.
It's free but requires you to buy the official GMAT book and Manhatan prep (if you prefer studying in books) or prepNow (if you prefer learning from videos).
If you have 6 to 8 hours per day, the pace might be slow for you (3-4 hours per email) but it's already a very good basis.
If you're interested, just registered here

Good luck ![/url]

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:119 members
GMAT Score:780

by Matt@VeritasPrep » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:06 pm
Matt@VeritasPrep wrote:
Tapas Gupta wrote:Hi Matt,
Thanks for reply.
I said so because I have switched my job. I have about 1 month to join the new job.
Can you please advise on how to study for Quant so that I can take full benefit for the upcoming month.
How close are you to your goals? What have you scored so far, and what score would you need to be done with the exam?
Hi Tapas! You still out there? I'm ready and standing by with an answer :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Tapas Gupta » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:01 pm
Hi Matt,
Sorry for the late reply :)
My studies are bit scattered. I studied for around 1 month and came up with the techniques for each of the sections of Verbal, and I scored around 600 in my last test.
Now after the vacation, I have to start all over again. :cry: :cry:
I feel like I know the techniques now but I am not able to solve the questions correctly.
Kindly advise what to do now.:( :(
My final aim is to get 700+

Thanks a lot for replying....