BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Wait another year to apply for 1st round?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by ketnet1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:41 pm
Hi,

I took my gmat end of September, but did not get at least a 550. I wanted to apply to schools such as Santa Clara U, Boston U, and University of San Francisco. My plan was to get at least a 560 and start the application process and essays during the last week of September and October in order to send out the applications by the school's deadline, which are in November. But just by GMAT standards, my gmat score is not even close to the mean, in addition, it is not even in their 80% range. Despite the fact that I was determined to apply this year (becasue I don't want to wait another 2 years to physically go), it seems like I have to face reality- 1) Take a break 2) Start studying for GMAT again 3) Retake test next year. Please advise if my decision is a good one and whether I should even try applying for University of SF this year? (Assuming I can put application package together all within 1.5 months). Thank you very much for the input.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:20 pm
Hello,

There is a lot more information I'd need before I could advise on your situation, but from what you do provide your plan to wait seems to make sense. First, I don't know exactly how low your score is. Second, are there mitigating factors, such as a strong GPA? Are there any special attributes that would make you stand out appealingly?

I'm not sure how the Univ of SF is regarding reapplicants, but if they're neutral to welcoming, one option would be to apply to that school this year and, if you're rejected, reapply-- not much to lose except the time and effort, and you could learn something in the process that would help with next year's applications if you don't get in.

Best regards,
Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.accepted.com
Join the discussion

Wait another year to apply for 1st round?

by ketnet1 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:42 am
Hi Cindy,

Thank you for your reply. I got a 490 (AWA4.5) on the 1st try. 450 (AWA 5)the 2nd time (had some distractions few days before taking the gmat, and knew I wouldn't do well).

UG gpa 2.79, 3 years work experience in business (stable job function).

Since I want to increase all chances of getting in (that is why I would have to wait till Nov'10 to apply for 1st round). I am thinking about Boston or USC PT (since they require a lower gmat- starting range for both schools is at least a 540 and 550). Does my 490 even stand a chance for their PT program? Or should I at least try to raise the 490 to 550?

For University of SF- the PT avg is 554. I assume the range is around 520 or so.

Eventhough I really don't want to wait another year (and 2 years to physically attend) to go to bschool, should I just face the reality that I have to buy time and wait until my score is better before I apply? I hope this is enough information for you to answer the question and concerns. Thank you very much for your thoughts!!!
Join the discussion

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:45 pm
Hello,

Thanks for the clarification. I think that considering the additional information, you probably should wait -- I think the GMAT plus the relatively low GPA would be tremendous obstacles.

There are a lot of options for GMAT prep. If you wait, you also could take a course or two (even an online course), and earn an A, which also would help.

Best regards,
Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.accepted.com
Join the discussion

Wait another year to apply for 1st round?

by ketnet1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:19 pm
Hi Cindy,

Thanks for your reply. I already took a PR prep end of last year. Relatively speaking, do you think I should just apply next November (assuming I don't raise the gmat to the school's 80th % by the R2)and instead of rushing for this year's R2?

I think I studied harder the 2nd time, but there were just family issues I also had to deal with (I shouldn't be pointing fingers, but I wish I could have focused better). Alas, I took a 2 week break and think I should get back to study mode but have no idea whether I should be taking the test and shoot for R2 or study longer and take it mid '10 and apply Nov'10 R1? Thank very much for your feedback!
Join the discussion