For 620 in 2010, Target 720+ - in 6 weeks- possible?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:620

by taeyasalm » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:37 pm
Regarding study strategies, this time I am going to do 3 hours a day (same schedule as what i used to pass level 1 cfa)

I will do 1 hour in the morning and 2 hours in the evening.

In morning I will cover quant content( problem areas like inequalities and number properties) and in the evening I will do at least 30 minutes of verbal and spend the rest of my time doing questions.
I will continue to post my progress on this board just for accountability sake (Its also a way to measure my progress).

This time round, I am keeping an error log!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:93 members
GMAT Score:750

by brianlange77 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:13 pm
taeyasalm wrote:Regarding study strategies, this time I am going to do 3 hours a day (same schedule as what i used to pass level 1 cfa)

I will do 1 hour in the morning and 2 hours in the evening.

In morning I will cover quant content( problem areas like inequalities and number properties) and in the evening I will do at least 30 minutes of verbal and spend the rest of my time doing questions.
I will continue to post my progress on this board just for accountability sake (Its also a way to measure my progress).

This time round, I am keeping an error log!
Taeyasalm --

Here's another helpful link with some thoughts on how to best use an error log (https://www.manhattangmat.com/articles/error-log.cfm). But, as you get closer and closer to the 'big day' -- you really need to commit to not 'leaving' an error until you understand 'WHY' you made the error and should be able to master the content to the point where you could explain 'HOW' to do this problem to another student.

Thoughts?

-Brian

Merci, Danke, Grazie, Gracias -- Whichever way you say it, if you found my post helpful, please click on the 'thank' icon in the top right corner of this post.

And I encourage you to click on 'follow' to track all my posts -- all the cool kids are doing it! :-)