This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:20 am
and cigarettes? :lol:

Is smoking allowed during the breaks?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Sadowski » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:17 am
800GMAT wrote:How about RED BULL....is it good to have it during the breaks...Does someone know how it affects the energy level and test performance :)
Red Bull is a bad idea. It may make you feel more alert, but your ability to concentrate suffers greatly from caffeine! I tried to do a CAT after a couple cups of coffee and I felt like I couldn't focus at all.

As far as I'm concerned, any stimulant is risky business. Unless of course you do ALL of your CATs and practice problems under the influence of a particular stimulant.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by sev » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:56 pm
So how does it work with food during the rbeaks, where do you put it before the breaks and how do you get access to it during the breaks? I heard you cant go to your locker during the breaks....so where would you grab them from?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:27 pm
sev wrote:So how does it work with food during the rbeaks, where do you put it before the breaks and how do you get access to it during the breaks? I heard you cant go to your locker during the breaks....so where would you grab them from?
You definitely can go to your locker during breaks.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

something different

by Barak » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:31 pm
maybe its just me, but my energy levels, endurance and focus are greatly enhanced from about 30 minutes of working out a few hours before followed by a solid meal. I score much higher on practice tests after a good workout, not one that will wipe you clean mind you. Just enough to get the heart going and get some of those good post workout chemicals into your body.... Anyone else experience this?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: something different

by beatthegmat » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:02 pm
Barak wrote:maybe its just me, but my energy levels, endurance and focus are greatly enhanced from about 30 minutes of working out a few hours before followed by a solid meal. I score much higher on practice tests after a good workout, not one that will wipe you clean mind you. Just enough to get the heart going and get some of those good post workout chemicals into your body.... Anyone else experience this?
I had a similar experience during my prep as well. I made sure that I exercised regularly, and it really helped my endurance during the test!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by amirhakimi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:14 pm
beatthegmat wrote:I strongly believe that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are the perfect standardized test food.

Eat a big PB&J before your test, and it will keep you going strong for the 3 hours--it worked for me!
Hi Sorin,
Thanks for the advice,
I usually take nothing in the morning for breakfast but I think this cannot be applied to the day that one should spend four hours of analytic thinking during the test in the morning. My exam is in 59 days from now. Do you suggest taking a PB&J every morning, starting tomorrow, to see how my body responses to this kind of nutrition in the morning?