Ask a Purdue (Krannert) Student

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
MBA Student
GMAT Score:700

by g000fy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:54 am
Adding to Gareth's response - Last year I was in a similar situation with respect to transcripts. See if you can email them a scanned copy. This would serve their purpose until they get the official hard copy.

MBA Student

by g000fy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:29 pm
To all prospective students, here's an inside look at Krannert. Presenting the fall edition of Krannert Magazine - https://www.krannert.purdue.edu/konline/2011f/index.html.

See you soon here!

Regards,
Vikram :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rushikesh003 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:20 am
Hi SEOKuok. I have a query. I am about to apply for the Feb 1st round. I want to know if having a backlog in your under-grads affects your chances of selection.

MBA Student

by g000fy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:47 pm
rushikesh003,

I have sent your query to the admissions department. Will get back with their response soon.

Thanks,
Vikram

MBA Student

by g000fy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:01 pm
rushikesh003,

Here's what the Adcom has to say:

"All applications to the Purdue MBA are reviewed by the graduate admissions team and an admissions decision is reached based on a student's undergraduate performance, work experience, test scores, recommendation letters and interview performance. Admission to the MBA program is not in any way related to the capacity of the undergraduate program at Krannert".

From what I think, the backlogs should not matter if you have a good work experience, test scores, recos and stellar interview performance. Hope it helps.

Regards,
Vikram

by rohankunwer » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:00 pm
Hey Franklin,

First of all congratulation for all your success.Actually i would be clearing my btech this year from India.I did 1 year coaching for GMAT.But the main problem i would be facing is work experience as I m a fresher.So could you please give me details about the average score i need to get to pass for Purdue Krannert.And do i also need a work experience.If YES then of how many years.
Thanx alot for spending tym for me...:)

MBA Student
Followed by:3 members

by SEOKuok » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:20 pm
Hi Rohan,

There isn't a set score that will guarantee admission, I believe it is a combination of all of your credentials (Work Experience, GMAT, GPA, etc.). You can see what the Krannert class profile is here:

https://masters.krannert.purdue.edu/prog ... s-profile/

From my own experiences at Krannert, having nothing to do with Admissions, I would highly recommend getting at least a few solid years of work experience as it would help you understand and contribute to the classroom discussions. A lot of discussions are case-based and having that experience to pull from will only help enhance your MBA education overall.

-Franklin

by rohankunwer » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:26 am
Dear Frank,
Is there no other option by which i could skip work experience.Actually sir i am only the person after my dad who could earn for my family.That's why i was asking for the work experience.Sir could you please tell how much years of work experience does Purdue Krannert requires...
Thanks a lot,
Sincerely,
Rohan

by akataria » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:49 am
Is this thread still active?

by hridaygrandhi95 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:23 am
Hey,

I have applied for the Global Supply Chain Management program and have an interview on December 2nd.

My queries were:

1) Does this reflect in a good or bad way about my candidacy?

2) What kind of questions are asked? Technical supply chain/ quantitative questions or general ones about my work or why I chose Krannert?

Any help will be appreciated! Thank you!