760..(Q51, V41)..I just beat the GMAT!! :) Debriefs updated

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:760

by scorpionz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:15 am
uwhusky wrote:Mails in the outbox simply means that the recipient has not logged in to read the mail.
Thanks a lot for that info!!

Amazing how I learn at least 1 new thing on BTG everyday!! :)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by nehs » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:33 pm
Congragulations on your score! Awesome debriefs too. I particularly loved the following points in your debrief:

3. Give lots of practice tests. Do not underestimate the stamina and concentration required for 3.5 hours. I can happily admit that I lacked this before. I would start getting very restless after about 2 hours. I could develop my concentration only after giving so many tests. The longer you have been out of school or college, the more this rule is applicable to you...
4. Have a realistic target. For this it is very helpful to have a fair idea of the schools that you will be applying to. Remember, the GMAT score is only one part of your application. If a 720 suffices, a 700 will also suffice for your app. In the practice CATs, if you are hitting the range of score that you want to achieve, don't stress yourself too much to go 20 or 40 points further.

I too gave many practise tests(Let's not talk about the socres though ;-) )to only increase my stamina. Now,sitting through 4 hours for me is a breeze :-)
The next point is very important to me again. I was trying since the last 3-4 days to pull up my score/make sure I land 600-620. I am getting between 560-580 in GMAT prep tests. However, the schools that I am applying to will gladly accept me with anything above 580. I saw that I was getting no where with this strategy and only adding stress. Now, I am just relaxing and waiting for saturday 8 AM Eastern Time :-)

Thank You for your amazing debrief. Really boosted me and was right in time as well.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:760

by scorpionz » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:41 am
Thanks @nehs...

Glad to be of some help!!! Do update us with your test scores & experience...

Good Luck!! :)