100 points for $49 worth of Veritas practice GMATs FREE

Veritas Prep
    VERITAS PRACTICE GMAT EXAMS
    Earn 10 Points Per Post
    Earn 10 Points Per Thanks
    Earn 10 Points Per Upvote
    REDEEM NOW

2010 - Where are you applying?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:710

by brianm » Sun May 16, 2010 8:07 am
pkw209 wrote:Hey Brian,

Out of curiosity, did you use any mba consulting services for your app?
Pkw-

I didn't use any consulting services for my apps.

by brianm » Sun May 16, 2010 5:40 pm
After a lot of thinking and waiting, I have decided to withdraw from the UCLA waitlist and attend UT-Austin McCombs this coming fall. A lot of factors went into my decision, but ultimately I think it's the right one for me based on the environment I want during my MBA and what I want to do post-MBA.

The more I looked at UT, the more I realized it had a lot of similar things to offer as Berkeley Haas, the other school I really loved. I am in no way saying they are equal in every way, but the way their semesters are structured, the classes and outside class opportunities they offered, and the community feel I got a sense of during both visits make me feel very confident in my decision.

I'm in the midst of writing a ridiculously long debrief of my application process that hopefully will help others on this board, which I hope to have done this week.

Can't wait to be a Longhorn! Hook em!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:600

by viju9162 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:34 am
Dear friends,

Can anyone help me out here.

I am looking forward for good Asian Schools - CEIBS, HKUST, HKU, NUS and NTU. My profile is as follows:

Current City: Bangalore
Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 600
Full Time Work Experience: 5 years
Industry: Software
Job Function(s): Quality lead in mobile innovation
Application year: 2011

I have strong work experience in reputed Software company in the mobile enterprise software. And also, I have my own organization ( NGO) serving more than 500 under privileged children by providing quality education and health.

I am also quite active in sports, and other activities.

I wanted to know whether I would stand a chance in HKUST or HKU. Admitting the fact that I have scored less GMAT score, would my profile be considered?
"Native of" is used for a individual while "Native to" is used for a large group

GMAT Score:640

by 2011mbaspirant » Tue May 25, 2010 6:40 am
@Brianm: Congrats on joining UT MBA. An excellent choice!!! It is one of my top schools and has a good MBA program. What is your specializations going to be?

by brianm » Tue May 25, 2010 7:23 am
2011mbaspirant wrote:@Brianm: Congrats on joining UT MBA. An excellent choice!!! It is one of my top schools and has a good MBA program. What is your specializations going to be?
Thanks! One of the reasons I liked UT was because it allowed you to fully customize your curriculum without taking requirements for an official specialization. I'll focus most of my electives on high-tech marketing and entrepreneurship, with at least one international business class with an overseas trip mixed in. I'm looking at Southeast Asia or South America right now.

Edit: I also really like what I've read about the new dean (hired in '08). He seems to have a very no-nonsense, practical, intelligent approach to building UT's reptuation to continue to climb in the rankings. I also heard he teaches a core class in the fall of the first year. It's pretty cool to have that kind of exposure so early on.

If you have any questions down the road about the program, feel free to shoot me a PM. Good luck with your apps!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Mr.prasanna » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:30 am
Hi....First, I have to thank beatthegmat.com for its support and guidance. I found the 60 day study guide to be very useful in my case. Though I have not got a great score, I owe my improvement to beatthegmat.com.

Now I need a realistic feedback on my profile, as to where all do you think I can apply (ofcourse most of us wud want to be in Top 20)...

Name: Prasanna
Citizen: India
Marital status: Married, have a son (3 years old)
GMAT: 640 (Q49, V 27), AWA: 5.
Work Experience: 10 Years in Sales- of which 7 years in Banking sector (worked with GE Money, RBS, Barclays)
Academics: Average
Sports: Active
Extra Curricular: Active
Worked in an International NGO afor 4 months

Kindly suggest which schools would be suitable.

Regds
Prasanna

GMAT Score:720

by monusangeeta » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:07 pm
Hi,

I am applying for the college in coming fall 2011 and scratching my head off in writing apps currently...i think it's more grilling procedure then writing GMAT,... :(...However here is my profile and schools I am applying to...

Name: Sangeeta
Citizen: India
Marital status: Unmarried
GMAT: 720(Q48, V 40), AWA: 4.
Work Experience: appx 6.5 Years of IT experience, 4 years in IT business Management (Business Analyst, Presales, Sales and Marketing)
Academics: Excellent (throughout rank holder)
Sports: Active
Extra Curricular: Active

below are the colleges, I am applying to:

LBS
Oxford
harvard
Judge
Lancaster

I so wanted to apply kellogg's one year MBA course as well but they have some eligibility criteria about completion of some 7 courses...which i dont seem to satisfy.. :(

I hope I will be able t make it above mentioned schools though..!!

Any advice is welcome.

Regards,
monusangeeta

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by dshelwill » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:05 pm
hi everyone! I am new to the gmat! Looking for some invaluable insight on beatthegmat! Thanks to all!

GMAT Score:690

by luckylehana » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:32 pm
See MBA graduates from IIM are able to get 1Cr. salary and there are people from abroad institutes such as CEIBS who are still looking for jobs after passing out. In my institute CEIBS, there were 3 Indians who could not find jobs last year. Infact one of them searched for job for 1 long year. This year also only very few international people got job at CEIBS. Now everybody is pulling out their own personal connections to search for jobs. Hence, an international MBA is not as worth as you think.

But yes if you leave apart the job issue than you get a lot from International MBA, which is way more valuable than job. So, if you are coming to CEIBS for a job then dont come.

I am currently studying at CEIBS and can tell you that this is a world class institute in lot of parameters and perhaps way better than ISB in terms of exposure. But then you have to take your own decision that whether you are doing MBA for job or a long term investment.
Lucky

Life is not easy, you are supposed to make it easy.

by beyondenim1 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am
Current City: Philippines
Nationality: Indian
GMAT: N/A (Target Score - 700+)
GPA: 3.70
Full Time Work Experience: 1.75 years (Self Employed) Marketing, Sales.
Application year: 2012
How far along in application process: Studying for the GMAT as of the moment.

Schools interested in:

Asian Institute of Management, Philippines
ESSEC, Singapore
INSEAD, Singapore

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by harbus » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:13 am
If you got an interview in round 2 you should check out this really good interview guide I found.

https://media.www.harbus.org/media/stora ... 0881.shtml

It's made by current HBS students with their questions and analysis from their actual interviews, and it's only $35. Which compared to the application fee totally seems worth it to me. It says that it is an HBS specific guide, but that's just because of the local info and campus map, etc. I think it servers as awesome prep for any important interview.

Hope everyone is hearing good news! :-D

by globalmba » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:49 pm
Nice place for sharing our profile.

by Tin_Cup » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:37 pm
Here's some very scientific research on a few of the top programs hahaha :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uohyp5mMLpw

Legendary Member
Followed by:22 members

by throughmba » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:47 am
Hi Applicants.

Use this place to be a index of your applications.

Tell everything about your profile here and then add the colleges and rounds.

It helps consultants like us.

Thanks
ThroughMBA Consulting
The No. 1 B-School Admission Consulting of U.K. is now the most Affordable.

https://throughmba.com
email : alex@throughmba.com

Alex Wilkins
Senior Admission Consultant, ThroughMBA.com
Panelist | MBA Admissions Achievers Meet
Interviewer | MIT Sloan | Former
Management Consultant | McKinsey & Company | Former

"Regardless of who you are or what you have been, You can make what you want to be."