GMAT Score:710

by gmat740 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:35 am
@2+2

the minimum requirement for iBT is 109

please check the link. Hope this helps

https://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/inter ... tions.html

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by 2+2 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:58 am
thanks! I was not sure about the minimu score, I read somewhere else that it was 101.... :?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by HBS,here i come! » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:05 pm
hey guys,
im also applying to HBS this year!
these next couple of mnths are going to be loooong!

by ank.2504 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:10 am
hey guys!

Great to be here.. So few people active on this forum thread this yr.. Anyways, any of you gave the Gmat yet? I have mine on 24th !!!! I am so nervous, any tips? I am getting decent scores on the sample tests, let's see how it goes..

Anyone has any info on how to prepare for the essays.. For now, i have only come across one help for the 2+2 students. There was this site Mentorpolis, another user here suggested. They have some last yrs 2+2 admits as mentors for us, and they're hosting some free web-seminar, which I've registered for. Do you guys know of any other help?

Anks!

by OJS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:22 am
Hey guys,

I'm also applying for 2+2 this year. Have taken the GMAT once, but didn't have time to do any prep and obviously fell short of my target score (got a 690, hoping for a 730 or better) so will be doing it again in May/June.

Have progressed pretty far on my essays - I'm lucky enough to have a lot to talk about. Hoping to finish my essays by the end of April as to leave time for GMAT prep and exams.

Can't help but notice that most of the people who are active here go to university in India.. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but according to Mentorpolis only one student from Indian universities got in last year. Anyone know if this is true, and if so why? Looking at last years thread there were a fair few applicants from India, so just wondering why..

MBA Student
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmat740 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:48 am
Ank and OJS WELCOME to Beat the GMAT forum.
can we have your little formal introduction
@Ank2504

Please check your inbox. I have sent you a pm
@OJS
I really dont know if that's true about only one Indian candidate who was selected to this program from Indian University.
As far as the stats are concerned,we should only trust HBS Official website.
As far as the other site you have mentioned,the site is actually developed developed by the HBS 2+2.

by Rhetor » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:59 am
The way I slice the stats leads me to think that there will be only one male engineer/ scientist accepted from each country.

106 admitted, out of which estimated 40 students international.

at least 50% women (2+2 is looking for them).

That leaves 20 spots open for international students who are male- roughly 2 per major country (UK, European countries, India, China).. and again of that, we can assume that 1 wil be an engineer and 1 a liberal artist.

Slim odds, but I wouldn't bother analysing them beyond that point. I'm just gonna do my best and leave the rest to fate.

by energie » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:28 am
ok so.. a lot of speculations about who got in and who did not.

here's some insider info for you guys :
1) they took 106.
2) 104 are doing their Undergrad from the US. 1 each from Canada and India.
3) By international students they meant students who carry non-US passport. So there are people from different countries who study in the US. Since you're so into India-- from what I figure from admit list, there are some 6-7 students from Indian origin.

hope this puts your minds to rest :)
one advice for all of you-- as Rhetor said- dont over analyze-- just work on your applications, and all the best !

by OJS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:34 am
Are they in your opinion averse to taking people from universities outside the states, contrary to what it says on the FAQ on the official site, or do you think it's a matter of a lack of publicity outside the states?

by energie » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:54 am
In my opinion, def because of lack of publicity. Even last yr. they interviewed many people from outside the states, but somehow chose only 2. I met for sure 10-12 non US-students on my interview day.

The only deal is that you should set yourself apart, and be passionate in your interviews!

by apprentice » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:06 pm
and what do you make of MentorPolis? :D

.RA.

by energie » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:46 am
@ apprentice: Well.. my opinion might be a little biased as I am associated with MentorPolis, but I feel you guys can get a fair idea about resumes of guys who got in last yr from their website. (since most of your Qs revolve around profile evaluation)

You can pm me if you'd like to know more though.

Best
energie

by Rhetor » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:39 am
energie wrote:ok so.. a lot of speculations about who got in and who did not.

here's some insider info for you guys :
1) they took 106.
2) 104 are doing their Undergrad from the US. 1 each from Canada and India.
Only 2 from outside the US?

I know I said don't over-analyse... but that's when there was a decent shot in my mind (estimating around 40 internationals doing their UG outside the USA).

Did you meet only 2 internationals at admit weekend? That changes the whole equation... I'll still give it a shot, but that means the odds are 1-500 so I'll know not to get my hopes up at all.

by energie » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:41 am
Rhetor,

The admit weekend is in June. I got this info from the 2+2 internal site-- they have a portal for selected students where they have profiles of all students.

That said, I don't think you need to worry about that, they hardly publicized about 2+2 last year. I have spoken to the 2+2 Admission Director about what they expect this year and she maintains that they're def looking for more international students. I suspect that the limited reach of 2+2 outside the US past yr did not attract the best of the lot from world outside US.

Best of luck,

by HBS,here i come! » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:51 am
only 2 international students?thats so strange!hopefully, this year they'll take on more than a measly 2!
anyway, i was wondering, this job that we have to do for 2 years before actually going to HBS, do we have to work in the US or can it be anywhere else?