I would appreciate any thoughts on this 3-4 month study strategy:

1) 9-week Manhattan GMAT Course
- MGMAT 8 Guides
- OG 12
2) PowerScore SC
3) PowerScore CR
4) LSAT RC

Other Options Considered:
1) OG Verbal - I hear this lacks 700+ difficulty questions. My thinking is that the Manhattan GMAT guides are fairly comprehensive and that the PowerScore/LSAT books would be a good follow-up go get into that 700+ arena.
2) OG Math - Is this really necessary after the MGMAT 8 and OG 12? I'd rather not overload myself with medium difficulty level math questions. Please let me know if you suggest an additional Math guide to get those 700+ questions, or if it is even necessary at all.

Thank You to all who took the time to offer me advice!

Regards,
OD

Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:01 am
I guess that should reall depends on your math ability.

You can get lots of practice material if you search online. Lots of questions are posted on this forum as well.

I guess you should also plan for enough practice tests. I have suffered for not giving practice tests. I would recommend going through the self study plans on this site. Maybe you will get more ideas.

As I always say, all this is my personal opinion. :)
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by orid » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:41 am
Thanks vineeshp! I do appreciate your opinion and the time you took to respond to my post. I just signed up for for a 9 session MGMAT course and will take a few practice tests once completed to gauge where I am with Math and go forward from there. I guess I will find out soon enough! Until then I've ordered Powerscore CR and Powerscore SC as well for verbal.

Best Regards,

OD

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:730

by PurpleReign » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:02 pm
I took the 9-week MGMAT class and I just followed the MGMAT curriculum. I found their program to be helpful and with all the homework they give you I didn't have much time for anything else. If I were to supplement anything, it would have been with math basics since I hadn't taken a math course since HS. When you sign up for the course, they give you their fundamentals guide book as well.

What are you hoping to get from the Powerscore books? More practice questions? Or more strategies? I'd only go to the non-MGMAT materials if I found the MGMAT strategies weren't working for me personally. I liked using mostly OG questions in my studying because once I got to the exam, I was really comfortable with the way the questions were written, and some of the questions I saw were almost carbon copies of questions I'd seen in the OG and GMAT prep. The only thing that had been changed were the values.

Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:31 pm
I dont know about SC but Powerscore CR is better than MGMAT.

MGMAT CR is a bit too detailed in its approach. I found the Powerscore bible to be more methodical. And it is a widely recommended book.

But maybe the book supplements the 9 session course well.
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by orid » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:12 am
Thanks Guys - To answer PurpleReign's inquiry: I am much weaker on verbal than quant and wanted to practice more questions in CR and RC. I heard that PowerScore and LSAT RC were strong additions.