which school.. Please advice

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:700

which school.. Please advice

by keerth_r » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:23 am
have a GMAT SCORE OF 700 (Q-50 V -35 AWA-4.5)

TOEFL 107
Work Exp - 2.5 years with infosys Technologies Limited.
GPA-3.87 (calculated using the WES site)
Extra Curricular - Vice President PR of Toastmasters club at work. Volunteer for NGOs. Takes part in many Social service activities.

My 1st choice of colleges are -
a) Carneige Mellon Tepper
b) Rice Huston
c) illinois urbana champaign
d) Nanyang singapore
e) Rotman Canada
f) Mc Gill Canada
h) York Canada
i) NUS singapore

Need advice on my chances.... :D

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 pm
Its extremely difficult to tell you how good of a chance you have against all these schools. But i can safely say that there is nothing in your profile that will prevent you from getting into these schools ;). But if you want to shortlist schools, i would suggest you to briefly provide your reasons for an MBA, and provide your short term and long term goals along with your geographic preference; this will help people in giving you advice on short listing schools.
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:700

by keerth_r » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:16 pm
Well my short term goal is to join one of the topnotch Hi-Tech consulting firm to become a good consultant.... My long-term goal is to climb up ladder to assume strategic leadership roles.

Well working with infosys for 28 odd months... i have gained the necessary technology knowledge.. more over i have noticed that am quiet flexible to new technologies and am able to pick up soon... and the only thing i need to polish is my domain and business knowledge... i should get to know abt the nuances of business to atain my goal of becoming an consultant... so i need a MBA.

hope i answered your question :)