Which California MBA programs might best match my profile?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
hi, Im a recent graduate with a degree in economics from UMD College Parkl. I am about a year out and prior have 5 years of general work experience. I am about to move to London to work for either UBS or Deutsche Bank for the next year in either IB or Operations. While there I will be perusing a minor degree in international business from Cambridge. Before I leave though I'm gonna take the GMAT and from my scores so far plan on getting between 650-700. I'll have a solid reference list and excellent essays since they are my strong suite. So my question is, what MBA programs would you recommend in CA? I've done a little research on LMU, USC, UCLA and Pepperdine... any suggestions or constructive criticisms? Thank you.

I apologize if I was unclear, I would simply like to know if the above credentials would be sufficient to gain entry into a reputable SoCal school. I'll most likely stay in SoCal upon graduation. As a result, national recognition is not my top priority. Thank you again.
Last edited by kish112 on Tue May 13, 2008 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Tue May 13, 2008 11:47 am
Dear kish112,

As I am sure you have discovered, there are plenty of good schools in CA to consider. There are differences between them all in terms of size, strengths, reputation, etc. I think the right program for you depends on what you want to do post-MBA and what you want from your business school experience. Of the schools you list, UCLA and USC have the strongest national reputations. I would encourage you to visit the sticky on school selection for tips on how to evaluate programs, but first you must determine what you feel are the most important aspects of a program to you.

Enjoy London and best of luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me