Which B-School

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Which B-School

by Mastermixer » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:23 pm
Hello,
I want to know people's opinion on two schools. CBS or Booth.

Which school do you think is better??
Has a better brand name??
what are the pros and cons of each school??

Thanks

Mastermixer

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:33 am
The best school is going to be the school that's best for you. You should visit all schools you are targeting and assess the culture and fit with your goals and how you like to study and learn. Be critical and see if one doesn't feel better than the other. Dirty secret is you can't go wrong with any top program, so buy the one you like best.
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by KanwalMultani » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:54 am
Hi,

I have an experience of 2 years and I am interested in MBA in Finance from Canada. I have offers from Univ of Alberta, Univ of Calgary, McMaster Univ and Simon Fraser University. Can you please advise me which school should I choose which amongst these will offer best post graduation job prospects ?

Thanks,
Kanwal

GMAT/MBA Expert

Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:38 am
Dear Kanwal,

If your primary concern is job prospects, then you should do some research on these programs with regards to their career services. It is not enough to see if they are placing in your desired industry/functional area. Do the schools have relationships with companies in the industry? Are there active alumni from the industry? Is the percentage of students entering the industry upon graduation substantial relative to the rest of the class? What other resources/programs does the school have to prepare you for the industry and perhaps facilitate your job search? If you cannot find answers to all of these questions online, and you might not, then it might be worth calling the school and asking to speak with someone in the career services office.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:22 pm
I agree with Lisa. Some schools are really good about posting their data, and it can be helpful (such as who are their top employers and salary starts, etc.), but ultimately you're going to want to talk to a student, alumnus or at least someone in their career services office to get the best handle on placement support.
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options