When to take the GMAT

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

When to take the GMAT

by rekezelman » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:37 pm
Hi Everyone,

I just took the GMAT and didn't do so well. I plan on using Eric's study prep as my own guide. I work full time, so what I am wondering is should I do 3 or 4 months prep? Eric, please tell me what you think.

Thanks!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:52 members
GMAT Score:760

by rishi raj » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:08 pm
Well, it hardly matters whether you take in 3 or 4 months. That is almost an equivalent amount of time. What you may want to ask yourself is whether you'll be able to maintain the required momentum for the duration of your studies. Since you're doing a full-time job, so you'll have to maintain the right discipline in order to crack the exam.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mekiran » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:04 am
ANS.I have been prepping with KAPLAN.
at the chopras centre.
HAve you taken a look at their test modules or something?
worth a shot!
refer to: u2s.in/agp for the more information

rekezelman wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just took the GMAT and didn't do so well. I plan on using Eric's study prep as my own guide. I work full time, so what I am wondering is should I do 3 or 4 months prep? Eric, please tell me what you think.

Thanks!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by gmatpill » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:28 pm
3-4 months seems to be about the average amount of time people dedicate to the GMAT.

The problem with setting longer time periods is--realistically, people can't focus on something like the GMAT for such a long period of time. Most likely, the more "time" people spend--the less quality study time is actually put into the GMAT.

The benefit with putting a smaller time line on your study schedule is that a short study schedule usually creates URGENCY to your studying. When you study you actually kick yourself to make progress.

The quality of your studying is much more intense.

GMAT Pill recommends 1-2 months of focused, quality studying. Feel free

How to Prepare for GMAT in 1 Month

Day 1: Download the GMAT Prep Software from MBA.com and take a test to become familiar with the directions/logistics and identify where you need help most.
Days 2-6: Log in to GMAT Pill. Watch and absorb the efficient thought processes and concepts for your weakest section (e.g. Sentence Correction). Spend at least 3 solid straight hours on Day 2.
Days 7-12: Log in to GMAT Pill and go through your next weakest section.
Days 12-15: Start your 3rd weakest area (e.g., Data Sufficiency)
Days 16-19: Start your 4th weakest area while also doing practice problems for other sections that already covered.
Days 20-22: Retake the same exam that you took on Day 1 with the mentality that you should get everything correct (after all, you've seen the questions before!)
Days 23-24: Review any questions that you got wrong.
Day 25: Relax. Mentally prepare for the set of practice exams on the Official Guide you are about to take. Review videos in the GMAT Pill.
Days 26-31: Take practice exams in the Official Guide. At least one full day on a weekend should be dedicated to simulating exam conditions. If your exam begins at 9am, make sure you practice waking up at 7am and going through your pre-exam routine. Control your nerves and get psyched.
Days 32-33: Exam Day
Feeling extra ambitious? A few of our students have already mimicked Zeke's rigorous 2 week study plan and all of them scored 700+ using the GMAT Pill Study Method. You can too!