what would you do.....

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

what would you do.....

by GMAT? » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:02 pm
Hi all,

I would be very grateful for your help.

I took that GMAT a few days ago and scored 620 on it. I wanted to meet the London Business School deadline on Feb 23rd (3rd round). I now have 2 choices:

1. Prepare for the resit exam, do my essays and get my recommendations all sorted in the next 4 weeks and then sit the GMAT 2-3 days before the Feb 23rd deadline and apply if I get a good enough GMAT score. This way I can meet the Feb 23rd deadine, but I worry that my preparation for each component may not be my best.

2. Concentrate on GMAT for the next 2 months and sit the exam in March and then apply for the 4th round deadline on April 27th. My worry is that LBS will only have a very limited number of place left in the 4th round.

What would you advise please. Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated. By the way, I am a medical doctor.

By the way, how many times can a person take the GMAT before it starts looking bad?

What if....

by GMAT? » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:52 am
Stacey,

The other thing I thought was maybe to apply to meet 3rd round deadline at LBS with GMAT score of 620 (Verbal: 36, 80 percentile. Maths: 39, 58 percentile). The rest of may application is very good - Good teamwork / leadership experience, awards, publications etc.

I'm also a medical doctor, so will be viewed as a non-typical applicant.

If they like me then maybe the school would offer a place conditional on getting a higher GMAT score. Or do you think that this strategy is too risky.

Thanks loads.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:11 am
This is a tricky one, but here is my advice: devote the next few weeks to applying and submitting your strongest possible app. Once you submit, retake the GMAT and if you improve, submit to them and hope that they will consider it. I do not think you can study for the GMAT and submit a strong app in just a few weeks, so it is best to do it one step at a time.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Thanks and one more question....

by GMAT? » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:57 pm
Thanks alot stacy.

I will follow your advice.

I think I will apply and state in my application form that I would be happy to retake the GMAT if they want me too. What do you think of this stratgy?

Thanks once again

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:43 am
I would call them and discuss rather than just stating in the application. If you put it in the app you may not get a response.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me