What should I do the weekend before the GMAT?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
My GMAT exam is this coming Monday, 4/7. I'm just wondering what you all suggest someone to do the weekend before?

I've already decided I will take Friday off - no studying whatsoever, just hanging out with friends (not too late of course). What should my study plans (if any) be on Saturday and Sunday? I'm shooting for a 640, and have scored 690 on both GMATPrep #1 and #2.

Basically, I just want to make sure that even if I take it easy this weekend, I wont forget everything I've worked on and learned. Should I go through some easy difficulty problems, or perhaps review some of the tougher ones? I will for sure be doing a few math problems each day to keep numbers fresh in my mind, and maybe read a few passages to my literacy up :)

Any suggestions for pre-GMAT weekend activites would be great! Thanks everyone, this forum has been so helpful!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by black_cat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:50 am
GOOD LUCK!! :D

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:11 pm
Sorry I didn't see this before your test - hope it went well!

But for others... don't do much in the couple of days before your test. Do high-level review. Review your major strategies for the different question types, your timing plans, your educated guessing strategies, and think about what you will do if you find yourself, say, 5 minutes behind on time. How will you handle that? Think about what you want to write down on your scrap paper during the tutorial and during any extra time you may have during the essays.

Do a few problems to keep your brain sharp, but not more than about half an hour's worth.

Also, drive by the testing facility to make sure you know how to get there. Go to the grocery store and buy whatever you want to bring with you to the test center, along with whatever you want to eat for the meal before your test and for dinner the night before. Make sure you have the proper ID. Etc.

Go for a hike or do something else somewhat physical two days before - not enough to make you sore, but enough to ensure that you sleep well that night. Do something physical the day before, too, but not as physical / tiring as whatever you do two days before.
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me