What do you guys think is best for me in this scenario?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi everyone,

I take the GMAT the 30th...this coming Thursday! My overall score has gone up nicely in my latest practice test, but I ended up getting a lot of SC questions wrong. I haven't done any studying at all on sentence correction. Would it help me to focus on this over the next 2-3 days with the help of the MGMAT guide, or do you think it will just confuse me on test day? I'm generally pretty good in verbal, but the MGMAT CR book was pretty helpful and I only read that about a week and a half ago.

Your opinion is appreciated, thank you!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:01 am
Not much info to base any advice on here. Need to know your scores, how you are performing in certain areas and what your goals are...
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by DFritschy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:23 pm
Not crazy high scores here....I think my highest was a 35 in Verbal and 35 in Quant. Verbal, I do really well on CR. Sentence correction has been pretty messy. Quant is okay and I will be drilling out as many problems as possible over the next three days, but I don't see any huge jump being possible in three days.

I know when I read the CR GMAT book and learned about the different question types and basic strategy, my ability to answer these questions went way up in only a few days time. I don't know if sentence correction has some simple rules that are relatively easy to master (Like CR), or if it's something that you need a lot of time to improve at all on.