What are my chances?

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

What are my chances?

by luckycharm168 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:16 pm
I graduated from Princeton with a 3.1 GPA in Economics, while I have scored 750 on the GMAT. I am highly interested in attending a top tier MBA school, either M7 or Oxford/Cambridge for my MBA. Additionally, I have held positions in: asset management, trading, and wealth management. I have also established my own college consulting firm that helps international students attend college here in the U.S. What are my chances of attending a top tier MBA program? Please describe to me any weaknesses and how I may improve.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:4 members

by mbaMissionSusanK » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:29 am
Hi, luckycharm168,

Thanks for your post. Your GMAT score is strong, assuming at least 80th percentile on each section. Your GPA is on the lower end for top programs. You may want to address any explanation for this and/or progress you made in later years. You don't mention your career goals. You will want to be sure they make sense and you can show you have a strong foundation from your experience to date. You will also want your short term goals to flow into your long term goals. If you have any community service or strong personal stories, you can include those in your application to have additional examples of leadership or to demonstrate your character to the admissions committee.

Good luck,

Susan
Susan Kaplan
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php