Weekend MBA opinion

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Weekend MBA opinion

by november22 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:28 pm
Hi:

I'm preparing for gmat and have some questions.

1. A weekend MBA is it considered less in terms of value in comparison to full time or is it same just a difference of format.

2. Second after we complete MBA in weekend format do we need to write in our resume that we did MBA on a weekend or we can just say we did MBA.

3. How is University Of Chicago and Northwestern University Weekend MBA in terms of its value.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:13 pm
Hi november22,

Your questions might be better answered by an Admissions Expert, so you might consider posting them in that Sub-Forum (on this site).

My suspicion is that an MBA from a highly ranked program would be considered valuable regardless of the program was full-time, part-time, weekend, etc.

Both the University of Chicago/Booth and Northwestern/Kellogg are traditionally ranked in the Top10 for US Business Schools, so each of those degrees would be considered "valuable." You have to understand that a degree will vary in value FOR YOU in more ways than just in name recognition. You have to consider your career path, likely geographic location, companies that you might want to work for, etc. when making your choice.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by november22 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:27 pm
Thanks for reply.

A weekend mba is done part time while continuing on full time job.

At 35 years of age whether should I apply for Weekend MBA or should go back to study full time.

A lot of people told me that whether MBA is done in weekend, evening, executive, regular its a MBA in the end.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by tnbizgal » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:09 am
The program I am looking at is also an Executive or "Weekend" program. From my understanding and my conversations with Adcoms is the degree is the exact same regardless of whether you participated in the full-time or weekend program. The major difference will be in the composition of your classmates and the amount of work you will be expected to complete on your own. I was told to expect to have no free time for about two years to do the executive program.

by november22 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:19 am
If someone do executive mba or weekend mba then after graduation can we just write in our resume that we did MBA only rather then writing weekend or executive format to categorize.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by tnbizgal » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:20 am
Yes, there is no need to specify on your resume unless asked.