mba top univ

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:6 members

mba top univ

by prateek_guy2004 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:39 am
Hi

I have been following Your posts and i thought may be you can clear my confusion....

I have a very low GPA 44% Scale 100 But according to my university i fall under 75 Percentile . Work experience 5.5 years mainly in consultation...

I am prep for gmat but my average score is around 620...

What i want to know is that i am looking for top 40 US b schools...IF not then i will do a part time mba from my country India.....

Kindly suggest me what to do...what are my chances....

Hope to hear from you, Thanks in advance

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:730

by mbaMissionBrianE » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:36 am
Hello prateek_guy2004, thanks for your question.

I do not know the intricacies of converting GPAs, but I know that several programs (e.g., Penn) offer conversion engines on their websites - you might try some of those and see what your GPA looks like.

Your GPA and GMAT are low for the top programs, but I would think you could find a place in the top 40 programs. I would scan the rankings/listings and find programs where your GPA and GMAT are near the mean. For reaches, find those programs where your quants might be below the mean but within the middle 80% of students. You'd still have a shot, depending on the quality of your work experience.

I wish you luck!
Brian
Brian Eng
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by prateek_guy2004 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:37 am
mbaMissionBrianE wrote:Hello prateek_guy2004, thanks for your question.

I do not know the intricacies of converting GPAs, but I know that several programs (e.g., Penn) offer conversion engines on their websites - you might try some of those and see what your GPA looks like.

Your GPA and GMAT are low for the top programs, but I would think you could find a place in the top 40 programs. I would scan the rankings/listings and find programs where your GPA and GMAT are near the mean. For reaches, find those programs where your quants might be below the mean but within the middle 80% of students. You'd still have a shot, depending on the quality of your work experience.

I wish you luck!
Brian
Hi Brian

Thank you For replying, and showing me the possiblities . Well As i meantion have 5.5 years of work experince mainly in IT Recruit consultantion and few months as a cabin crew as well.

Have done a diploma in aviation with GRADE A.

Aprat from academics i am a certified trained Stage Actor and sportman (Cricket).

Well i am not sure about top 20 but really hope that i get some good univ's in 20 to 40 range. And as u said about GPA conversion i think every country/ university has a differnt scoring system ... the univ from where i completed my Bachelor's was difficult to score high, as i mention 44% scale 100 with 75 percentile.

Hope You can tell me few good univ and pragrammes where i have chances.

Thanks

Chaw