Veritas Prep Course after self-studying MGMAT?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hi all,

So I'm thinking of taking the Veritas Weekend Prep Course - it's 10 hours per day, 4 days, over 2 weekends long. The good thing is it covers all the material (the complete course) in essentially 2 weekends, so it's a big time-saver. I've studied for 2 months using the MGMAT strategy guides, and scored a 540 on a GMATPrep practice CAT after those 2 months of self-study. So I'm thinking that maybe some sort of professional guidance and "classroom teaching" can benefit me more than my self-study can/has so far. Anyone with any similar experiences?

I'm also considering going with a private tutor, however with my 540 (39Q, 26V) I think I've got a long ways to go to reaching my goal of high 600's/700+ that a classroom lecture-based comprehensive prep course with 40+ hrs of lecture can help with, as opposed to 10 or so hours of private tutoring (with a tutor from Veritas, MGMAT, etc).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:33 pm
That's essentially what I did. I got a 680 self studying with the manhattan guides. Took the veritas weekend course and raised my score by 50 points. Let me know if you have any questions about my experience.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-retake-o ... 51414.html

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.