Using the noteboard instead of scratch paper..

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Using the noteboard instead of scratch paper..

by TkNeo » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:30 am
So, does anyone know if one is forced to use the noteboard thing in the real GMAT instead of the scratch paper ? or do we have a choice ? Is it a clumsy to use the noteboard ?

Legendary Member

by Neo2000 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:23 am
As far as i know, the noteboard's been rolled out across all centres. Have yet to hear of a centre that doesnt have them. You dont have a choice--its the noteboard only.

Not in the least bit clumsy. Though there have been complaints of the pen drying up if left uncapped for long.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:46 pm
It's not actually a note BOARD (though I know that's how they talked about it when they first announced the change). It's just laminated paper and, as Neo2000 says, it's not that different from regular paper.

You can get more if you use yours up and, yes, the pen can dry out but you can ask for a new pen. Might want to ask for new pen / paper at the break between quant and verbal, just to preempt any problems.
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by chinguyen1210 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:06 am
Should we need to clean up for re-using or just ask for more when the noteboard is used up?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:55 am
You cannot "clean up" the noteboard. It is "wet erase" and you are not in a position to do that during the test.

All you need to do is to raise your hand and they will give you a clean notepad. The notepad has about 12 sheets if you count front and back. I have always found that this is enough for the whole quant section. But it is not a problem to get a new notepad.

Here are a couple of tips:

1) Check the pen or pens they give you. These might be running dry so make sure you have two that work.

2) When you practice you should try to simulate the test experience with these notepads. We sell the notepads at the Veritas website at https://www.veritasprep.com/store/ These are the materials that you will use on test day (minus the Veritas Prep logo!) You could probably find some wet erase paper and markers at an office supply store as well.

Happy studying!
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course