Uploaded Resume with error - same job title for 2 roles

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi there,

I need advice from the veterans here, I uploaded my resume to a b-school but somehow ended up copying the job title from my 2nd role to that of the 1st one as well.
What should I do, should I contact the school and let them know of this error and send the revised resume or should I just let it be and hope for the best? Please help!

Thanks

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Melissa@Fortuna » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:30 am
Not to fret getdonewithgmat!

Normally after you submit your application, you receive a confirmation and are assigned to an admissions officer who handles your file. Have you heard back from anyone yet? If so, I would definitely reach out to your officer directly and tell them you made a mistake and would like to submit your revised resume and they will attach it to your file. If you haven't heard from an officer, I would email the general admissions inbox anyways and let them know you'd like to submit a new resume. The good news is this seems quite minor to me and won't make or break your application so not to worry - I'm sure everything will be fine!

Best,
-Melissa and the Fortuna Admissions Team

Melissa Jones | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website https://www.fortunadmissions.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by getdonewithgmat » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:13 am
Thanks for the advice Melissa, appreciate it.

I was anxious and didn't want to leave it to chance, so I sent them the email explaining the error a few minutes after my initial post! It's good to know that it was the right way to approach it.

I hope that they don't consider it a negative.

Many thanks