Taking GMAT in destination university after being applied

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi stacy,

I had decided to start preparation for the GMAT but when I got the following email from Golden Gate university,USA , it tempted me to change my mind, and it has occupied my mind for a while.I guess what they offered me provides me the opportunity to find a way to USA sooner and not to put off the application process as a result of taking the GMAT.I ‘ll be thankful if you tell me what is your take on this and give me your point of view.thanks

“”Email :
Hi Mershad:

You might want to consider applying to one of our MS programs rather than an MBA. The MS programs don't require the GMAT, and then once you are here in the US you can take the GMAT during your first semester in the MS program and transfer to MBA. If your interest is in the field of marketing, finance, or human resources, the MS might actually be a better degree to consider.

I suggest you tell me you qualifications truthfully (GPA and TOEFL/ IELTS score, and I'll be happy to give you a frank assessment of your chances for admission before you go to the trouble of applying.

best wishes
Steve

Stephen H. Thewlis
Associate Director of Admissions for International Recruitment
Golden Gate University
536 Mission Street
San Francisco CA, 94105
email: [email protected]
phone: 415-442-7814 (message)
760-779-0887 (direct)
“”

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:31 am
Dear Mehrshad,

Interesting...I guess the question to you is around Golden Gate University. Is this a school that will be a good fit for you? Do they offer the curriculum and resources that you need to achieve your career goals? If so, then it might be a good option. If not, then you might be better off using the next few months to take your GMAT and working on your applications to apply in the first round this fall for entry in fall 2010.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me