Strengthening an Application - Calc, Stats, or Other...

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I've been in the television production business for 5+ years. I studied film and television at the U. of Michigan and have a weak quant background.

I currently live in SF and would like to take a college level course or two in order to strengthen my MBA application. I realize that I don't have the typical MBA background but I would like to show admission committees that I am capable of succeeding in "business" related courses.

Can anyone recommend the types of course(s) that I should take? Are online courses acceptable or do they prefer brick and mortar classes?

Much Thanks,
Mike

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by javitron222 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:41 am
anyone??

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:730

by PurpleReign » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:28 am
I've heard multiple times that it's favorable to take them in-person. I've heard conflicting things, however, on community college vs. extension school. One of the admissions officers at Kellogg told me that it's better to do them at a place like UCB extension and since she's someone who makes decisions on who gets in and who doesn't, I followed her advice. She also recommended that I take stats and calculus before I take something like accounting or microeconomics. You mentioned you're in SF so if you want recommendations on which classes to take let me know.