should i apply?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

should i apply?

by shadesofgray87 » Fri May 08, 2009 7:04 am
I am a fresh graduate with a high GPA and high GMAT.I have very good academic records and participated in top research programs in my university( highly accredited).
I would like to pursue an MBA in hopes of broadening my career path because I don't myself in this technical path in the next 5 years.Unfortunately I only have internship experience.
What are my chances of getting into the top 20-30 b-schools provided i provide good recommendation letter and essay.?

Please suggest possible measures to improve my chances of getting in besides work experience.Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri May 08, 2009 9:00 am
Dear shadesofgray87,

If you want to enter business school directly from your undergraduate studies, then you need to target schools that are more amenable to applicants without work experience. While your internships are important and will be included in your evaluation, they do not count towards your years of work experience. How well you present yourself in your essays and interviews, as well as how your recommenders present you, will be key in getting a positive response from your target schools. In addition to demonstrating leadership potential, you will also need a solid rationale for why you want to go to business school now versus working a few years first.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by rajeev4mba » Tue May 19, 2009 9:43 pm
Hey Lisa,
COuld you list a few schools which are more open to accepting people without work experience