sentence correction tested rules.

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

sentence correction tested rules.

by resilient » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:03 pm
I am finally mastering sentence correction. I am noticing that all the tested rules are now inter-related. In other words- proper pronoun use goes hand n hand with a proper modification use. These rules all relate to eachother as if the exam is testing the same general rule? Am I on the right track.
Appetite for 700 and I scraped my plate!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Prasanna » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:36 pm
I just wanted to share my experience here. During prep, I identied the different SC concepts that were being tested with the help of OG and Manhattan SC. I remember I had got a list of 25-30 different mistake categories. (unfortunately I dont have it now :( ). What I observed was that in problems of simple to medium difficulty, you could identify one or two mistakes on the sentence very distinctly. When faced with complex sentences, I had the same feeling as yours. Multiple concepts were tested in a single mistake. Sometimes the answer options help to identify this type of question.

As far as your prep goes, if you are able to identify such cases, you may be able to answer the question correctly.

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

Sentence Correction -

by resilient » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:34 pm
I am beginning to notice that this overlapping of tested rules are coming up in other verbal questions. For example, in reading comprehension and critical reasoning the detail questions are the same as inference questions. A test taker can literally view the questions as the same. This is how I have boiled it down. Any suggestions?
Appetite for 700 and I scraped my plate!