scored a 590 M 41, V 31

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

scored a 590 M 41, V 31

by stary » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:04 am
Hi all,

First of all, i would like thank BTG , because without this forum i wouldnt have even raised my score about 130 points.

I gave my first attempt in Apr '08, I just got 460 (M 37, V 17). Thats when i decided i need to put in more effort. So i started working on my weakness i.e. verbal. I started with Manhattan SC guide and moved onto RC.

After gaining some confidence over verbal, i moved into math portion. I looked into many posts here and learnt a lot of math concepts from the GMAT instructors and my humble thanks to them.

I had my 2nd attempt today. I started off with AWA and topics were straight forward. I then took up math section. it started off easy questions and then the system started to throw some problems which i cudnt do within 2 mins. Some i carefully guessed and solved a few.

I took a break, felt really upset with the math performance. I washed all the prenotions from my mind and then started working again for Verbal. It started off pretty well.

After verbal, i saw my score of 590 (M 41, V 31) . I prepared with all possible documents but dunno where i lost it. I guess it all depends on the G day.

Am a senior software engineer of 2 years experience . am also a star performer in my company i ahve taken several technical certification . Do these factors really effective in considering admissions to college ? :cry:

Can some people please advice me on this score. Actually am quite jaded with my preperation. Do universities accept this low score??