SC from 800 score test

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

SC from 800 score test

by ptm_30 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:33 pm
In celebrating Charles A. Lindbergh's epic flight in the Spirit of St. Louis in 1927, it is nowadays generally forgotten that Alcock and Brown made the first successful transatlantic crossing, eight years earlier and twice as fast as Lindbergh's flight.

A. it is nowadays generally forgotten that Alcock and Brown made the first successful transatlantic crossing, eight years earlier and twice as fast as Lindbergh's flight
B. it is nowadays generally forgot that Alcock and Brown made the first successful transatlantic crossing, eight years earlier and twice as fast as Lindbergh's flight
C. we nowadays generally forget that Alcock and Brown made the first successful transatlantic crossing, eight years ahead and twice as fast as Lindbergh
D. it has nowadays generally been forgotten that Alcock and Brown made the first successful transatlantic crossing, eight years sooner and twice as fast as Lindbergh's flight
E. we nowadays generally forget that Alcock and Brown made the first successful transatlantic crossing, eight years earlier than, and twice as fast as, Lindbergh

Legendary Member
Followed by:7 members

by kvcpk » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:04 pm
IMO E.

Who are celebrating?? WE.

Hence "In celebrating...." needs to modify WE.
ABD out

eight years earlier than is the right usage and fits the intended meaning.

pick E.
"Once you start working on something,
don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon it.
People who work sincerely are the happiest."
Chanakya quotes (Indian politician, strategist and writer, 350 BC-275BC)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by [email protected] » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:47 pm
IMO confuse between A and E

E:- modifer is at right place but the comparison at last is not clear is wrong
A:- comparision seems to be right while modifer is not correct.

help to clarify .....

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Dangerous Dude » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:19 am
E is correct... to me..

OA???

opening modified .. modified we..

E makes the correct comparison... Alock and Brown made...... eight yr earlier than, and twice as fast as Lindberg...

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by kapur.arnav » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:20 am
ptm_30 wrote:In celebrating Charles A. Lindbergh's epic flight in the Spirit of St. Louis in 1927, it is nowadays generally forgotten that Alcock and Brown made the first successful transatlantic crossing, eight years earlier and twice as fast as Lindbergh's flight.

A. it is nowadays generally forgotten that Alcock and Brown made the first successful transatlantic crossing, eight years earlier and twice as fast as Lindbergh's flight
B. it is nowadays generally forgot that Alcock and Brown made the first successful transatlantic crossing, eight years earlier and twice as fast as Lindbergh's flight
C. we nowadays generally forget that Alcock and Brown made the first successful transatlantic crossing, eight years ahead and twice as fast as Lindbergh
D. it has nowadays generally been forgotten that Alcock and Brown made the first successful transatlantic crossing, eight years sooner and twice as fast as Lindbergh's flight
E. we nowadays generally forget that Alcock and Brown made the first successful transatlantic crossing, eight years earlier than, and twice as fast as, Lindbergh
The best bet among the options looks to be E... however, my only doubt is that are we comparing the correct stuff...

Alcock and Brown transatlantic crossing to Lindbergh... should it not be Lindberg's or that of Lindbergh's...

experts please clarify... thanks...

Community Manager
Followed by:24 members

by shovan85 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:02 am
kapur.arnav wrote: The best bet among the options looks to be E... however, my only doubt is that are we comparing the correct stuff...

Alcock and Brown transatlantic crossing to Lindbergh... should it not be Lindberg's or that of Lindbergh's...

My point exactly. Are not we comparing Action to Action? Alcock and Brown made to Lindbergh did
I feel DID is reqd at the end.
If the problem is Easy Respect it, if the problem is tough Attack it

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

by niksworth » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:30 am
kapur.arnav wrote: The best bet among the options looks to be E... however, my only doubt is that are we comparing the correct stuff...

If you have been thrown off by the comparison, refer to the following question :
https://www.manhattangmat.com/forums/sal ... t5617.html

Similar doubts can be raised in the question above. Ron deals with them beautifully. Read his explanations. This should clear things out.
scio me nihil scire