Round 2(rolling admn) this year OR Round 1 next year?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
I will be applying to Asian Universities viz. NUS, Nanyang, AIM Manila, HKU. I have 2 options. I can apply for Round 2 this year or Round 1 next. Although, I am really looking forward to pursue MBA this year but I know since it's late the odds are stacked against me.
Since most of these universities have a rolling admission process, chances of getting an admit reduces drastically.

Now, I need a very honest opinion. Are re-applicants considered at a disadvantage? If that is the case then I won't apply this year, rather next year first round.

Thank you.
"Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it"
- Sir Winston Churchill

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by Betsy Massar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:40 am
Hi Mzkfrk,
You may not know it, but you are asking some of the most important questions in your application quest.

MBA admissions teams are always looking for strong applications, and always say, "apply when you are ready." That means two things: 1)you need to make a strong case for yourself to embark on a program at this time in your career, and 2)you need to be able to put forward the bet application you can.

If you think the application you will put together right now will be rushed, then don't do it! You'll be annoying your recommenders and reducing your chances for a great presentation of your best self before the admissions committee. However, if you've been working on the application for awhile and are just worried that it's not perfect, then at some point you need to pull the trigger.

To answer your final question, most schools are reapplicant friendly, but they will review your old application and they will ask you to let them know what has changed between your first and second application. Remember, every communication you make with an admissions committee goes into your file; they are always looking for as many ways as possible to get a picture of you. So manage that information flow as carefully as you manage your own future!

Best regards, Betsy

Betsy Massar
Founder
Master Admissions
www.masteradmissions.com

Author of Admitted: An Interactive Workbook for Getting Into a Top MBA Program
www.admittedmba.com
MBA Podcaster Free giveaway of Admitted: https://www.facebook.com/notes/mba-podca ... 5617935813
Betsy Massar
CEO & Founder
Master Admissions