RIP Michael

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

RIP Michael

by DanaJ » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:01 pm
I don't know how you guys feel, but the passing of the King of Pop really saddened me. I was looking forward to seeing him perform in London and I know he could have pulled a successful comeback! He was particularly loved here in Romania, for having the courage to come here and perform in 1992, just two years after the anti-communist revolution, when our country was still decades behind the West.

I've noticed that some people just badmouthed him on the day of his death, bringing to the spot light some of his errors... While we all make mistakes in life, his performances were unmatched. It's really depressing to see that a person cannot be appreciated for what he truly is...

His music will always bring light to our hearts!

Legendary Member

by Neo2000 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:09 am
Dana,

I know what you mean. MJ was THE MAN when i was growing up, at the height of his fame and career. I read an article that said "MJ had the kind of fame and stardom that was only enjoyed by Elvis, the Beatles and Sinatra, but with apologies to all 3, MJ could dance the pants off them"

I couldn't agree more.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by ssmiles08 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:45 pm
R.I.P Micheal Jackson

He was extraordinarily talented and for him to break those stereotypical racial barriers at that time was something of unspoken magnitude. For all that he has given us, I am so glad that his talent never went unrecognized.

I must admit that I had judged him at one point a few years ago due to all the allegations surrounding him. For all his personal battles and the facade he had always put up, I do believe he was genuinely pure hearted and has been proven by his acquittal. No matter what personal demons he had gone through...he was always an artistic genius. (I must say...most of the greatest geniuses, whether in academia, art or anything else for that matter, there has always been some sort of personal tragedy linked in their lives...and Micheal was no exception).

May God Bless him and I hope he is now in a happy place for eternity.