Request to evaluate my profile

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Request to evaluate my profile

by lyrab » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:00 am
I am an Indian female.
I am studying Information Technology,final year.
I got 700(49Q/36V 4.5 in AWA 7 in IR) in GMAT.
I got 112 in TOEFL
I retook GMAT a few days ago and on account of illness I couldnt focus on the exam and had to cancel my score.

I am interested in the following programs in the order stated:
HEC Paris,MIM
ESCP,MIM
LBS,MIM
ESSEC,MIM
Duke MMS

I would like to know my chances of getting into the above mentioned programs.Especially HEC Paris.I am very keen on getting into it than the other programs.
Do you think my cancelled scores would influence my admission results?I heard that competition from India for these programs in intense and that a good GMAT score is necessary. I thought the girl factor would make a little difference.
Do you think I should retake GMAT to improve my chances or is it good enough now? Wouldn't taking GMAT a 3rd time give a negative image of me? If that's the only way to improve my chances of getting into HEC Paris, I will take it again. But I prefer to work on other aspects of my application. And If I take GMAT, I will only be able to apply for round 2.
Also can you please state my chances of getting into Harvard 2+2, Yale Silver Scholars, Stanford College Seniors program and MIT MBA.
Also I am from one of the top 40 colleges in India.Since I am not from IITs or BITs, do you think I have a disadvantage to get into the US and the Europe programs I mentioned?
Please do keep in mind I have a clear image of why I want to do an MIM or an MBA.

My profile:

10th score - 95%
11th and 12th score - 97%
Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology
· My GPA up to date is 8/10 (First Class with Distinction)
Internships/Work Experience
12/2011 Maruti Suzuki India Limited, Gurgaon - Internship
· Cross Functional experience on Import & Export Finance strategies
· In charge of Reporting analytics and Cost Optimization for Import and
Export
· Project: Analysis of influence of exchange rate of INR on Imports and
Exports for a period of 1/3/6 months and 1/3/10 year(s)
· The project was graded 'Excellent' by the Finance Department
01/2012 Capital Advertising Pvt. Ltd. - Internship
· First-hand experience on Marketing and Creative Strategy
· In charge of study of layout and marketing strategies and tactics of
opponent companies
· Case Study: Campaign Analysis of Har Ek Friend Zaroori Hotha Hai TVC
05/2011 - 09/2012
(till date)
Mitosis Studios - Student Start Up (Part Time)
· Marketing Head and Technical Lead
· Responsible for complete marketing planning and social media advertising
· Successful in procuring and building 3 lead client relationships
· Final point of review for all firm documentation
· Worked on 2 websites as part of technical team
Languages
· Native - Telugu. Fluent - English, Hindi. Basic - Spanish, Tamil.
Extra Curriculum Activities
· Curator of TEDxSSN which was organised on 14th February, 2012
· E-Leader of NEN First Dot and TATA NEN First Dot which were organised as a platform to
showcase student start-ups from all over the nation and to provide mentor support to the winners.
· Received an Award of Appreciation for the same.
· Invited to be part of a 4-Member National Entrepreneurship Leadership Summit 2011 which was
moderated by IBM.
· Implemeted 32 Hour Startup a National level Start Up Competition with 200 delegates who came
up with 20 innovative products at the end.
· Part of the core committee and technical head of Entrepreneurship Cell, Lakshya of SSN College.
· Won the championship as part of a 5 member Committee for Entrepreneurship Week 2011 which
was monitored by National Entrepreneurship Network.
· Selected as the Campus Ambassador 2012 of Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS) among all
the 700+ 4th year students
· Incharge of Innovation Cell of Information Technology Department.
Sports:
· Skating: Won 1st place in district level competition among 150+ contestants and represented the
district in State Level competition.
Volunteer work:
· Organised 'Light a School' campaign which is aimed at electrifying the schools in under
developed rural places.
· Around 5 schools have benefitted from this and we are planning the program on a large scale
· Organized a Road Safety Awareness Campaign for more than 700 delegates
· Involved in organizing a Regional Blood Donation Camp where over 1500 units of blood was
donated
Awards and Achievements:
· Received Pratibha Award and merit scholarship from State Government of AP for my 10th class
performance
· Received merit scholarship from Central Government of India for my performance in 11th and 12th
class
· Received merit scholarship from SSN College for my performance in 1st year B.Tech.
· Completed Oracle Certification Program called OCA with 96% score.
· Built 5 websites among which 3 were for National Level Events.
Interests:
· Travelling: Experienced life across 5 countries so far.
· Environmental Issues: Currently working on a script for a short film to bring to the notice of people the degree to which our atmosphere has degraded and to make them realize even a small work would make a lot of difference
Other Activities:
· Learnt Kung Fu till blue belt.
· Learnt 2 forms of Indian Classical Dancing.
· Received a lot of medals in school level in different sports.

Thanks in advance.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:18 pm
Hi lyrab,

Thanks for posting. Regarding the GMAT, remember that your highest score is self-reported on your MBA application, so admissions teams will only focus on your best score. You should not be concerned about any tests you have cancelled or lower scores you have received. If you believe you can improve your score by 30+ points, I do recommend you take the test again.

If you decide to take the test again, here are some free tips: https://www.stacyblackman.com/gmat-overview/

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by akki » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:17 am
Hi Stacy
I am currently working as a Technology Analyst in a top investment bank, where I was offered a PPO. I have 6 months of work-ex. I have done bachelors from IIT Khargapur in Electrical Engg., where my CGPA was 8.61 on a scale of 10 (rank 6/72). My GMAT score is 720/800 (Q-50), 328/340(Q-169) in GRE and 117/120 in TOEFL. I have also been active in Extra Curricular activities. I was the captain of several teams in IIT where I led them to winning Gold for 3 years. I have led teams in case competitions at both university and national level. I am an NCC cadet (military training) and have had two years of experience working with the rural development centre at IIT. I have held an elected position in the student senate of the Institute.
Moreover, I have performed well in courses in Public Finance, Microeconomics, Econometric Analysis. My thesis was published in International Journal, and I have also written a research article in the field of public finance, which is under review for Economic and Political Weekly.

Please review my profile. I am aiming to apply for MIT MFin, LSE MFin, LBS MiM. Please comment on my candidature in all the three above schools.