Request for Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Request for Profile Evaluation

by dgreen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:02 am
Dear Consultants,
Could you please help me do a brief profile evaluation based on the information below.

Nationality - Indian
Age - 29

Graduation - Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science in India: GPA - 3.88
GMAT : 700 [2nd attempt, Gmat taken on 31 Dec 2008, Verbal: 81% Quant: 84% , AWA: 80%]

Work experience:
- 6+ years of work experience in Information Technology for Banking.
- Completed International assignments in Germany , Singapore.
- 4+ years of international experience in Singapore
- Currently working for an Investment bank in Technology department based in of Singapore.
- Current role is to manage a technology team of 15 members across 4 continents. Assumed management responsibility since past 2 years.
- Top performer in the department and was promoted into management role last year.

Others :
Leadership roles:
- Organizer for a National level Technology event for our college for 2 years.
- Organized fund raising events and activities for Singapore children's society.
- Leading a team of 10 members in Social committee to organize social events and fun activities in the bank. [Have organized several events over past 3 years examples - football tournaments, learn at lunch events, networking events, Wii competition etc]
- Led a team to organize an technology fair to showcase our department and functions - attended by CEO and CFO of the bank.

Post MBA I would like to take senior roles in Technology management and not looking for a career change.

I initially applied at schools in year 2009 and got admissions into few colleges, however due to bad economic situation the banks I approached for loans weren't too keen to lend. Also at the same time, I was promoted into management role at work. Thus in order to gain management experience and save funds for the programme, I deferred the MBA studies for 2 years.

I am planning to apply to US B-schools in the first round this Sept.

Questions:
1. Could you please advise if the admissions committee take time elapsed between Gmat and applications into account ? Am I too late now for applications?

2. Could you please help me evaluate the chances of getting into Top 20 US B-Schools?

3. Would it be possible to suggest potential U.S schools based on above?

Many Thanks for your help !

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by dgreen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:31 pm
Hi ,
Could any expert please help on the below or advise if am missing something or not followed correct process ?
Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.