Reduce this list from 15 to 6-7 :)

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Reduce this list from 15 to 6-7 :)

by dream700 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:04 am
Hi BTGites,

After much thought and considering all my options, I have decided not to take a retest. (By the way I scored 690 in my first attempt). I thought rather than improving my score by 20 to 30 points in a month's efforts, I would rather focus my energy on preparing applications and submiiting by Early-Action-Rounds. Suggestions are welcome though. :)

So here I am. My profile in brief is as below. I know, it's not incredible, but nor I am aiming for stars. I have short listed 15 schools, I need your opinion guys and experts to trim this list to something like 6-7. Vote for (1 school, which is Stretch, around 3 schools, which are Reach, and 2 to 3 schools, which are Safety.). Guys I know, it depends on my interest and the courses which these schools offer, but still I would like to know your humble opinion about these Colleges in general.

Profile:

Work exp : 4.5 years in CSC (an IT major)
GPA : 3.6 (on scale of 4)
GMAT : 690 (M 49, V 35) 88%le

Social service: have been associated with an NGO for past 2 years
Extra curricular: Won certificates and prizes in many competitive exams. Have been learning German since 1 year. Cleared A1 certification.

Schools of choice:

1. Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
2. Nanyang Business School
3. University of North Carolina: Kenan-Flagler
4. University of Rochester: Simon
5. Texas A & M University: Mays
6. Washington University: Olin
7. Indiana University: Kelley
8. University of Southern California: Marshall
9. George Washington University
10.Tulane University: Freeman
11.Boston University School of Management
12.University of South Carolina: Moore
13.Thunderbird School of Global Management
14.Ohio State University: Fisher
15.University of Minnesota: Carlson

One special college to mention, of which I have very little information. Mannheim Business School, Germany. how's it's full-time MBA? Their four track option sounds really awesome. And beside I would love to learn German further and in case if my experience in SAP (a German one) helps.

Eagerly awaiting your replies, guys. help me decide, will soon have to get in full swing for my applications. Thanks for your time.

cheers!!!
Shaheen