Recommendations

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:730

Recommendations

by bjcoolj » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:14 pm
It seems business schools require two or three recommendation as part of the application. I have no problem getting them for a school. However, I'm not planning on applying to one school but as many as ten. And I am not sure how to approach my recommenders to complete this daunting task for me (it's one thing to ask for one recommendation). I'm wondering how other applicants have tackled this problem. Should my recommenders make their reference letters generic enough so they can use a single composition for all schools? Please help.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:51 am
I would urge you to avoid generic letters. LORs are an important part of the application package and most schools have specific questions that need to be answered. Perhaps you can expand your pool of recommenders so each one has a smaller number of letters to write. With ten applications to complete, you should also be careful to avoid generic essays and to fully answer each set essay questions.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options