Q50v41 750

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Q50v41 750

by maisatomai » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:59 pm
I just received my GMAT score 750 q50v41. Will do debrief soon.

by maisatomai » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:34 pm
Pardon my English as I am typing on my iPhone.

I guess practice makes perfect. If I were to start preparing GMAT again, I would buy only books from gmac. I would buy og 10 and og11, as I suspected some questions in og10 is not in og11. I would buy the blue and green books from gmac too.

I had a scare yesterday. I went to bed at 9pm and did not sleep till 4.30am. I was woken up by my daughter cries at 6.30am. With only 2 hrs of sleep, I felt so scared. I was thinking even not to do the test. If time can go back, I will surely try to get some sleeping pills the night before.

The real test quant section is much harder than the gmatprep. There are at least 10 questions which I am not confident. There are 3-4 questions which I have no idea how to solve at all. When I am doing my GMATprep and og11, there is no questions that I do not know how to solve.

The verbal section is surprising easy, at least to a non-native speaker. If one does all sc questions from Gmac books, one should be able to solve almost all sc questions. As I am able to finish my sc in a fast timing, I was able to devote more time to rc. Cr questions are quite okay, if you practise the OG, you can roughly know what they are looking for.

I finished quant with more than 15 minutes and verb with more than 10minutes. I keep pressing next and when I saw my score I was shocked. I was expecting 680.

My gmatprep 1: 740

Because I have no discipline to finish the whole paper, I only did a full test.

Something important to note is that for those option question please read before clicking. It stated if you put disagree it will not let you take. There is another one which ask whether you want to report your score. If you accidentally click no, then your effort will be wasted.

by maisatomai » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:41 pm
Last thing, thanks to Ron Purewal from manhattangmat. He is wonderful in explaining the verbal questions.

I forgot to add that Manhattan 8 is a must have for supplement.