Profile Evaluation - UK Entrepreneur

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation - UK Entrepreneur

by MBA123 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:16 pm
Lisa,
I saw your valuable suggestions here, so though of asking about my profile.

Here are some of the main points of my profile..

GMAT score - 700

Education
B.Sc. (Geology, Physics, Maths) - INDIA - 72% - topper of class
M.C.A. (Masters in computer applications) - INDIA- 78% - topper University

Total work Experience - 7 years. (IT Engineer,Entrepreneur ( Immigration, Insurance, Sales), Research scholar)

From last 3 year - Entrepreneur (UK) - Started and running my company in the UK with profit since first year of business with overseas expansion. Main area of work was Immigration Services, S/w Product development and sales.

Before that 3 years (UK and India) I was working with Oracle corp and SAP Labs. and provided ERP consultancy.

Before that I was working as an entrepreneur and doing business of Insurance in India, with ICICI prudential.

I was also a part of AI research project for the development of a smart AI system.

Social contribution : Part of fundation member of 2 NGO and charity organization.

Overall my CV is full of variety.

I am planning to target Oxford, Cambridge, Cranfield, Machester.

Please advise about my chances for these institutes.

As I am in UK, I want to join some college in UK only. Also advice if you feel that as an entrepreneur I will get some priority, if yes then where and how.

Thanks in advance.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:54 pm
Dear MBA123,

I wish I could be of more help to you, but UK schools are not my main expertise. From what you posted, I think you are a competitive applicant for almost any MBA program that is a good match for you. You want to make sure the schools you apply to have the curriculum, resources, programs, and culture that you seek in a business school. All of the schools you list are great programs, so I think the experience will be good at any of them. The key to gaining admission is to submit a compelling application that distinguishes you from the competition. With your entrepreneurial experience, you should have some interesting examples that you can leverage in your applications.

Best of luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me