Profile Evaluation

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by psychomath » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:31 pm
Hi,

I am an Indian IT Male working for a product company for 4 years ( Solo representative of two modules in my team-have ownership of the two modules. Also I would be traveling to Australia as part of client visit).. Acads - 3.45/4 in college, 95% in school; Very good extra curricular activities, part of an NGO....Now comes the saddest part - I got a mere 650 in my GMAT :(
I am actually trying for an MBA and had my profile evaluated by some experts here for an MBA.
I now am thinking about an MIS too and have shortlisted CMU - MISM 16 month course. Could you tell me my chances of getting into CMU-MISM ( Heinz College). Also I am thinking abt TAMU's MIS.
Post-MBA plans - I d like to be a business analyst or a techno-functional consultant.

Thanks in advance.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:55 am
Hi,

Thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear that you aren't happy with your GMAT score. I do think exploring an MIS degree is a great alternative to an MBA, especially if you are able to achieve the same short and long term goals. My specialty is in MBA degrees and therefore I am not qualified to evaluate your chances of successful admission at the MIS programs on your list. I suggest learning as much about these programs as possible including a review of their recent class profile. This will give you a good indication of the school's average applicant and thus help you figure out where you fit in.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.