Profile Evaluation & School Suggestion (GMAT 650)

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello! :)

Please evaluate my profile and suggest possible b-schools.
GMAT: 650 (Q40, V40)
Background:
- Female, 22 years old
- Undergraduate: BS Management Information Systems from a Top 3 school in the Philippines. 2.9 GPA out of 4.0.
- earned a minor degree in Management and a specialization in Enterprise Systems on top of MIS major
- lots of extracurricular activities in college and involvement in student organizations
- Work experience: been working 2.5 years for a Fortune 500 beverage company - IT global solutions

Interested in General Management, Entrepreneurship and Tech
Asian schools preferred, but I'm also wondering which reputable US/Europe schools I can get into if I do decide to apply.

Thank you very much in advance! :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:4 members

by mbaMissionSusanK » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 am
Hi,
It's great that you are doing your research to decide about pursuing an MBA. In your work experience, can you demonstrate leadership and solid experience related to your career path? You only have a couple years of work experience, so you will need to show that you are a mature candidate. You mention a few areas you are interested in. When you are ready to apply, you will want to focus that career plan and make sure it flows from where you are now (show your transferable skills). You can balance that with your extracurriculars, but you will also want to show your involvement post-college. Also, your GPA of 2.9 is on the low end. Were there any specific circumstances that might explain why it is so low? You will need to demonstrate to the AdCom that you can handle the rigors of an MBA program. Depending on the type of program you apply to, you may want to retake your GMAT. If you are considering top programs, you should aim for a 700 with 80th percentile on each section. In terms of narrowing your list of schools, determine which criteria are the most important to you - learning style, curriculum, school offerings, etc. Then research each program to determine which fits your criteria best.

Susan Kaplan
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php