Profile Evaluation -- Is it good enough for some B School

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello, I respect your contribution here. After, I have researched some posts here about profile evaluation. I think I may have something a bit different from those.

GMAT: 610 (Q-48, V-26)
IELTS: 7
GPA: 3.37
Degree: Undergrade = Econ From Chulalongkorn University (Thailand)

Work experience: 3.5 years, 1 years as at Brokerage firm as a broker, 0.4 year at a Leasing firm as Credit analysis and 2.1 years at government consulting firm as an economist.

Other achievements:CFA Level II candidate, Few local certificates-all are about finance.

Extra Currics and Leadership: First year student president at Faculty, Basketball player represented for University and a captan at Last year. Rural development camp.

My goals are
(1) Indiana-Kelly
(2) Pen state
(3) Brigham Young
(4) U of south Calorina (Moore)
(5) Thunder bird School of management

What do you think? Any B-School should I do more research?
Thank in advance.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:27 pm
Dear omo37,

Your school list is a good mix of reach and reasonable programs for your profile. Since your GMAT is low relative to other international applicants, particularly the verbal score, you will want to demonstrate you have the aptitude and ability to succeed academically. Your interview and essays are critical to show you have the verbal skills necessary. I encourage you to verify the IELTS is accepted in lieu of the TOEFL at all of these schools, and that you are above the minimum required for that exam. Finally, you must distinguish your application from the large number of other international applicants; thus use unique experiences in your background to your advantage.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me