Profile Evaluation Important!!

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Important!!

by abhatti » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:43 am
Hi,

My name is Akhilesh and I am 26 years old from India. I want to apply for an MBA Program starting FALL 2012. Please find my Profile below and i need your help to evaluate it. This would really help me in planning further.

Name : Akhilesh Bhatti

Work Experience : 4 years at the time of application and 5 years at the time of joining
school. Out of 4 years I have 2 years of International Experience
(Germany).I have always been a top performer in my job and fast growing in
my career path.

GMAT : 650

GPA : 3.5

Apart from this I would have very strong Recommendations from my Managers and Peers.

Can you please give me an Idea by looking at above numbers what might be my chances in the following schools:

1. Stanford
2. Harvard
3. Yale
4. Cornell
5. Tuck

Can you please evaluate my profile and tell me what would be my chances in the above mentioned schools. This would really help me.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Akhilesh

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:730

by mbaMissionBrianE » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:56 am
Hello abhatti, thanks for your question.

You did not provide much information about your work experience, college performance, extracurricular activities, or post-MBA goals.

Because you come from an overrepresented demographic that scores disproportionately high on the GMAT, your 650 overall score will be a challenge on your application. Have you considered retaking the test?

I am happy to comment more with further information. My initial gut opinion is that Stanford and Harvard would be reaches for you.

Best of luck,
Brian
Brian Eng
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php